Wish Matchless DC30 EF86 channel and Jumpered (channels) DC30 models

ssmorga78

Experienced
As the title states ...... would love to finally have the EF86 channel of a Matchless DC30 as well as the 12ax7 and EF86 channels jumpered ..... if that's doable. Saw Cliff mention the EF86 channel has been on his To Do List in another thread ..... just wanted to make a request for the jumpered option as well if he ever gets around to modeling the EF86 channel.

Once Cliff gets the EF86 channel of a Matchless DC30 modeled, just combine two amp blocks and mix as desired...

Once Cliff gets the EF86 channel of a Matchless DC30 modeled, just combine two amp blocks and mix as desired...
If the jumped version is included, as it is with the Plexis, and the Hiwatt, you can set up the amp in a two amp setup, as I do, and I bet many others do- and jumping the channels is one of the really distinct sounds that a Matchless offers- personally, I’d be really grateful for a jumped version, and I’d definitely use it.

The Dc30 jumped is a bit tricky.
The channels are out of phase from each other and are combined on opposite sides of the PI . There is some comb filtering majik that happens in this circuit that will be challenging to model.

The Dc30 jumped is a bit tricky.
The channels are out of phase from each other and are combined on opposite sides of the PI . There is some comb filtering majik that happens in this circuit that will be challenging to model.
Don't have a schematic handy, but if the 12AX7 channel has two gain stages and the EF86 has only one, and each fed opposite inputs of a long-tailed pair phase inverter, the result at the power amp grids would be both channels in phase with each other. The long-tailed pair phase inverter circuit is a differential amplifier with opposite-phase inputs at the grids....

Back
Top Bottom