Wish Matchless DC30 EF86 channel and Jumpered (channels) DC30 models

The Dc30 jumped is a bit tricky.
The channels are out of phase from each other and are combined on opposite sides of the PI . There is some comb filtering majik that happens in this circuit that will be challenging to model.
i'm not sure anything is challenging for @FractalAudio, just has to interest him. He liked the EF86 channel a lot, he'd like the amp jumped even better....

What I used to do with my HC30....and learned off TGP! :)
Now, here's a fun trick I discovered that can be used on any two-channel Matchless with dual FX loops.
I can't be the first (I ran it by Phil Jamison, for one, who says it's all good - totally safe) but I haven't heard of it elsewhere.

I've tried it on my C-30s too, but it works particularly well with the EL34s in the Phoenix.

Here's what you do:

– With the amp in "standby"...
– Plug your guitar into the input of Ch1 (12AX7)
– Plug a standard MONO 1/4" patch cable (ie NOT TRS "stereo") from Ch1 FX loop to input of Ch2 (EF86)
– For starters, set both channel volumes to around 11 o'clock
– Set Ch1 Bass around noon and Treble near minimum.
– Put Master where you want it for the room (ideally max it :)
– Flip Standby to On and play...

The tone should be somewhere between semi-cranked plexi and mid-gain JCM800, but with the unparalleled Matchless clarity and dynamics.

It's best with Ch1's Treble down low, because you're cascading two entire channels one into the other, stacking their independent EQ stages, too.
The Treble Boost EQ of Ch1 can make it too bright otherwise, and you can use Cut to adjust high-end content to taste.

Back
Top Bottom