Matchbox DC30 EF86: Woah!

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Been spending some time with the Matchbox DC30 EF86 model over the past few days, and good Lord does it sound good! Plug in a Tele, add a clean boost, and it just sings! The feel and dynamics are so good. Definitely my favorite Vox-style model. Thank you Cliff for including it!

+1. The Matchbox has been my favorite Voxy model for a decade. The EF86 just cinched the deal.

Tele + Vox style amp is just a great match. Make sure you try the ac20 as well, it’s pretty amazing.
I'll definitely check it out.
+1. The Matchbox has been my favorite Voxy model for a decade. The EF86 just cinched the deal.
Are you using the non-EF86 model as a clean channel? What boosts have you been using?

Tip for the EF86 side of the DC 30 - I hade a Ceriatone clone of the DC 30 for many years - with the "real" [clone] the MV fully open made the EF86 Channel quite "wooly" and "low end mid heavy" with the MV on 10 / pulled out to be disengaged.

Id suggest running the MV at 4.5 <-> 5.5 and adjusting the Input Gain accordingly and then adding drives / efx.

It "should" sound even "better" :)

Ben

Back
Top Bottom