Mastodon - Oblivion cover

SOAWM

Inspired
Hi everyone, I just recorded a new cover!

In order to record a cover, where my guitar is clearly audible I purchased Oblivion on Jammit.com

This gave me the possibility to completely remove the original guitar tracks. So every piece of guitar you hear is mine, part from a little acoustic layer which was still noticeable in the backing track.

The quick licks in the solo were pretty hard to decipher, so I just did some takes which were alike. So don't expect a perfect copy. Whilst filming I had already forgotten how I exactly played those licks, so it could be that a couple of notes are out of sync.

All video was recorded after laying down the music.

Anyway, thanks for watching!

Very, very nice! One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums too. Excellent playing and taste my friend :)

Very, very nice! One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums too. Excellent playing and taste my friend :)

Thanks mate! Crack the Skye is also one of my all time favorite records. Too bad Oblivion is the only song of that album Jammit provides... I would love to do some more covers!

Damn cool track you have in your signature by the way!!!!

Thanks mate! Crack the Skye is also one of my all time favorite records. Too bad Oblivion is the only song of that album Jammit provides... I would love to do some more covers!

Damn cool track you have in your signature by the way!!!!

Jammit is a pretty cool site, do you get multi track stems when you use it or is it just a mix without one instrument? Thanks man! If you interested in getting a download send me a PM :)

Jammit is a pretty cool site, do you get multi track stems when you use it or is it just a mix without one instrument? Thanks man! If you interested in getting a download send me a PM :)

You don't get stems and the audio stays within the application, so there is no standard feature to export the track. You just get a mixer where you can adjust the level of each 'stem'. I just removed all guitar and used soundflower to record the backingtrack to a useable audiofile.
PM on the way for the track!

Back
Top Bottom