Mastermind LT and Axe Fx III

Is anyone else using a Mastermind LT to control their Axe Fx III?

In the interim of waiting for an FC-12, I purchased a Mastermind LT so I could use my rig live. It does work great right out of the box, but the manual says you can program the LT to display on the board what is being displayed on the Axe Fx.

I purchased the correct phantom MIDI/Power block to hook up between my AxeFXIII and the LT. (2 - 5pin cables to the MIDI in and out of the Fractal and a 7 pin from the block to the LT)

Then I was told that there was an editor for the unit. I downloaded the editor and (finally) read the instruction manual. Upon reading the manual, I found that there was a setting in the LT settings for the AxeFxIII.

So.......I followed ALL of the instructions. Selected "get preset names", scenes "on", scenes "4" and hit "start". The LT screen had a bar graph on it with "press key to stop" underneath it that never populated. I thought I did something wrong, so I did a factory reset and repeated the same process again and the bar graph never populated. Again, I did another factory reset and thought that maybe it was to receive its information through the AxeFXIII edit, which did not work either. At the very end, I ended up with 2 presets bouncing back and forth between the AxeFxIII and the LT. The only way to make it stop was to unplug the MIDI cable from the unit and start over.

So I tried everything possible.....watched videos, meticulously followed directions for another 1 1/2 - 2 hours and finally gave up.

I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, but I have no clue what it is. If anyone has any advice, I could surely use it.

I do want to also let you know that I have followed the instructions as far as the setting go in the AxeFxIII as well.

MIDI channel "1"
Send Realtime Sysex "on"
PC changes "on"
PC mapping "off"

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom