Master thesis on Shawn Lane

Cobrango

Power User
Hi, I'm writing a master thesis on Shawn Lane and guitar technique. Does anyone of you know if there were specific guitar technique / music theory books Shawn Lane read and maybe rocommended? Also, I'm going to look into guitarists heavily influenced by Shawn Lane like Rusty Cooley, Marshall Harrison etc. do you know if there's any mandatory guitar technique / music theory books that guitarists influenced by Shawn Lane would all recommend? I'm trying to find great sources and information about Shawn Lane, if you have any information I would love to hear about it! comment on this thread or send me a pm, thanks! :)

Wow, not to be a total bummer but if your first question states essentially I know zero about him, why pick him? Dont make things so hard on yourself! Speaking as someone who has gone through a lot of school, pick a subject or person you already are quite familiar with or at least know there are a ton of resources regarding, just friendly advice.

I've already written a bachelor thesis about him, I guess I asked the question in a wrong way, haha :D I know stuff, but I don't know much about the books and all, lol.

Well, if you wait a bit more, I intend to post some videos to explain shawn's right hand technique and what he did (and avoid) to progress so fast (both hands). I don't think anyone else knows how it works.

This sounds very interesting! I want to watch those videos :) I can't wait though, gotta be finished with the master thesis in two years! hehe.

Keep me updated. If anyone has any articles or info you can also send it to my email: torje_007@hotmail.com <- yeah I know. I've had it since I was a little kiddo.

I'm not sure of the validity of this but I think I might have heard he was into The Harmonic Experience by W.A. Mathieu in his later years. Also Conlon Nancarrow influenced him a bit (I believe that's where the title Kaiser Nancarrow comes from) so you might check if he had any books or anything published. I'd actually be very interested in reading your thesis once it's complete and the bachelor's if you don't mind :)

Back
Top Bottom