Master/slave?

Maddface

Inspired
Forgive me of my lack of knowledge but is it possible to master/slave 2 amp blocks? If not would it even be possible or even a wanted feature? Would it matter in the amp modeling world? I envision more complex presets/scenes and tonal options.

Forgive me of my lack of knowledge but is it possible to master/slave 2 amp blocks? If not would it even be possible or even a wanted feature? Would it matter in the amp modeling world? I envision more complex presets/scenes and tonal options.
Do you mean having one Amp block after another, in series? Yes, you can do that.

Please explain more what master/slave means and how you’d use it.

I’m talking about preamps slaved into different power amps for more tonal landscapes. Would this even make a difference in a modeling amp?

I’m talking about preamps slaved into different power amps for more tonal landscapes. Would this even make a difference in a modeling amp?

You can’t tap off the signal between the preamp and the power amp, unless you disable power amp modeling.

Personally, I don’t see much value in doing that. The differences in tone in a master/slave situation are more about cab differences than amp differences, and the Axe gives you lots of cab options.

You can change the tone stack of a given amp in the advanced parameters, which is kinda sorta the same thing. For instance, you can have a Plexi tone stack for a Brit 800 amp which sounds really good.

I believe Cliff stated years ago that he couldn't separate the pre-amp and power amp as it had something to do with algorithm jeopardy or something with getting it stolen??? Don't quote me....

And IIRC in the II you can exchange power tubes and tweak all kind of advanced power amp settings. Speaker drive, transformer bias etc.

But what Rex said: cabs matter most.

You can create a “drive” by turning P.A. Modeling off (see sag control) which can be cool to create something like a amp tone drive i.e. Marshall or Bogner.

I guess from a technical standpoint that you really cannot model a power amp alone cause you would need a preamp. Technically speaking, aren’t all the amp blocks just pre’s anyway?

I guess from a technical standpoint that you really cannot model a power amp alone cause you would need a preamp. Technically speaking, aren’t all the amp blocks just pre’s anyway?

No they model the power amp and pre amp . you can turn off power amp modeling though

There's enough advanced parameters in the amp block that you can choose an amp model and tweak the power amp section enough to create a new amp.

Back
Top Bottom