Chef's Master of Muppets

Swedish Chef

Power User
Excuse the sloppy playing, I haven't played metal in over 10 years... This was my first tone match experience. This Tone Match thing is pretty cool. To get the full Metallica experience one needs to double all the parts, of course. This is just one guitar... Please, let me know what you think!

I used the normal MK2C+ amp, the TMA block and a little reverb. That's it... Also, I had a small issue with the TMA block not remembering the TM setting. I had to redo the TMA and save it to a User Cab instead. Am I doing something wrong here? Shouldn't the TMA block remember the tone you're matching when you save the preset?

Last edited:
Sounds amazing! Please are you going to share the preset? It would be much appreciate! I would love to try this out. Thanks

Are you asking if it would save the reference file for the tone match? The answer is know, I believe that it is stored in the memory until you record a new reference signal or cycle power on the unit. It does not save the tone match reference after that. Would be kind of cool if it did though.

Ive mentioned this in another thread, but the TM can be saved as ONE entity. This way we dont have all these custom, one time use, IR's floating all over our own 50 IR choices. I cant remember exactly without doing it, but I believe once I set it all up, I simply save the thing (with the front of the axe 2) as ONE preset. I dont export the ir etc etc. Just save the preset on the front. Then later in axe edit go to the preset hit save as preset file, and save in a folder of choice. Then TM is all in one, amp cab ir etc.

why does the stereo image change three times in the recording?

Because I used the enhancer block on this preset and recorded this on two tracks pretty hastily. I didn't realize that one was stereo and one mono until I bounced it down...

Hmm, when I audition the cab part of the preset it's completely silent. Anyone else experiencing this? (Running 6.01)

Still, that's a wicked awesome tone you got there!

Thank you! :)

You need to load the cab into a user slot, then select it in the preset. I'm sorry if it's not working for you but it should work...

Back
Top Bottom