MASTER-CLASS: Axe-Fx II & MFC-101 programming

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
You like to have total control?

Like to have 17 Axe-Fx IA`s & additional 8 Scenes IA`s & direct access to 2 Amps ( & 3 "gapless" Gainstages e.g. clean/rythm/lead) & quick access to 4 Presets at the same time?

Don`t think about to many Presets, Banks, Switches,... just play guitar!

Here is how you can achieve that all with the Axe-Fx II & MFC-101:

public.php

public.php

public.php

MFC-101 settings:
Axe-Fx II (XL) Preset-Mode; Total Sync. = ON; BankSize = 15; BankStyle = NONE; All 17 IA-Switches are (of course) Axe-Fx IA`s.

Have fun ...

Last edited:
i'm not understanding :)

for example, IA switch 1: it's Comp1 and Scene 1 - how would i utilize both of those functions separately?

I think red = when reveal is on, so normal operation is Apm 1 and Amp2 with scenes and 3rd row of presets then reveal for the individual effects... I share your confusion Chris

i'm not understanding :)

for example, IA switch 1: it's Comp1 and Scene 1 - how would i utilize both of those functions separately?

The main principle: In Preset-Mode to send NO PCs, but use InternalCCs for IA jobs. Every preset send out 17 Internal CCs with a value of your choice: ON value or OFF value. To prevent from conflicts, only the ON value is used, the OFF value sends OFF (=nothing).

In this example Bank 01 (Banksize = 15), Preset 001 (= MFC Switch 01) send out no PC (TxMap 001 MAP to OFF), but InternalCC 01 ON state. IntCC 01 is programmed to CC34, Off value = off, On value = 0 -> Scene 1.

Note settings on Preset 5 & 10:
IntCC09 (Amp1 ON) = CC37 off value = off, on value = 127 (for Block active!)
IntCC10 (Amp1 OFF) = CC37 off value = off, on value = 0 (for block bypassed!)

Got it?! ;)

Holy cow, is this a wish? :p
I can't wrap my head around this. Please explain.

Edit*
Ah, I see now.

Last edited:
I...umm....er, looks great! Have a PDF with instructions? *LOL*

Study the layouts intensely in context with the Excel spread-sheet i post above. All informations are given. Also the MFC-101 .syx programmed exactly to the example shown in the screenshot.

Backup your MFC and try it! I`m sure, this will be a game change for some MFC-101 user ...

Ok, I think I get it. The trick here is to use the “map to PC” function in a disabled state to create another layer. Same as setting the IA function to None to send midi CC commands. By setting map to PC disabled, that will enable you to program individual IA’s that would normally be used for preset changes for other things (using CC commands) and why it’s possible to mix preset changes and scene changes for instance on the same switch. Reveal will then, as now, create another layer of functions.

Yeah, not for everyone! :)

Ok, just to be clear: I load that .syx file into my MFC and it will be configured just like your diagram, correct? My MFC has very few changes from the factory setting apart from adding 5 Scene IAs to Reveal, so it won't take much to change it back if this doesn't work for me. *LOL*

I get it.

Must be a bitch to program and it sure is not for everybody.
But it's very clever.

Indeed. And "some" (haha ....)thinking how to... also... You can think the idea further on ... 4 Amp-Channel IA`s, or twelve like a JVM 410H provide? ... Different layouts on different Banks for different Preset-approaches, ... anyhow: This seems (to this point) for me personally the optimal solution. Three channels gapless with instant access beside 8 Scenes, XY Switching (Strat/Paula), XY LED and Tuner/Tempo in Preset- & Reveal-Layer visible (ups, still red, i have to change to green for Strat...) and so on ...

Ok, just to be clear: I load that .syx file into my MFC and it will be configured just like your diagram, correct?
Yes. Bank01 is what you see on the pic. Bank02 selects Preset 01 to 15. From Bank03 it`s all default ...

My MFC has very few changes from the factory setting apart from adding 5 Scene IAs to Reveal, so it won't take much to change it back if this doesn't work for me. *LOL*

Just resent your hopefully MFC backup file. Or:

- Reselect your used Axe-Fx IA`s
- Copy Bank 03 (clean one) to Bank 01 & 02
- Reset TxMap (Preset 001 to 030 -> Map to 001 to 030; from Preset 31 on it`s default)

Note: By selecting Bank Up (= select Bank02) you have access to Presets 01 to 15. Because Total Sync is ON, the MFC returns automatically to Bank 01 -> Preset Switches becomes after selecting a Preset in bank02 automatically the IA-behaviour again! ;) ...

Enjoy ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom