Massive Squealing Volume Jump With Empty Cab Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

While scrolling through my user cabs this evening I scrolled past my last user cab and into an "Empty" cab slot. This resulted in an insane jump in volume despite playing at bedroom volumes at the time. I'm talking ear splitting, "crap, I hope I didn't blow my monitors", ears still ringing an hour later type volume.

I test several patches by opening up the volume knob on my guitars a bit to see if it happened and it does. It's far more pronounced on high gain patches, but happens on all patches to some degree.

I'm wondering if this is user error somewhere, (besides the obvious fact that I scrolled to an empty cab block), or if this is simply a byproduct of having an empty cab block in a patch? Is there someway to safeguard against this if this is the expected behavior with an empty cab block, or do I just have to remember what number slot my last user cab block is in?

One of the first things I noticed when I got mine.
Maybe a newer FW version will fix the issue.
I loaded up all the slots with my user cabs that were being called up from patches I was recreating - solved the problem.

This kind of answers itself doesn't it? Sort of the 'I stopped hitting my head with a hammer because it felt so good to stop'.

Not being snarky here, but jeez...get a cab block in there.

This kind of answers itself doesn't it? Sort of the 'I stopped hitting my head with a hammer because it felt so good to stop'.

To be fair, coming from the Axe II this wasn't an issue so it's not immediately apparent.

I didn't find your response snarky at all. But the issue wasn't that there was no cab block in the chain, it was that when scrolling through my users IR's, once I scrolled into the "Empty" user IR's the issue occurred. So if you don't remember the exact number of your last user IR you can scroll right into the empty ones and then it happens.

To be fair, coming from the Axe II this wasn't an issue so it's not immediately apparent.

Thanks, I didn't recall this happening with the II either, but I thought perhaps my memory was faulty so I was concerned that maybe I had done something wrong or there was an issue with the unit.

Last edited:
I’ve had the same thing happen once before, super loud sudden noise, scared me and the pets lol.

I think it was an issue with a firmware, as I haven’t seen it happen since

I am on 1.15 beta 2 and tonight went to a preset that was missing a cab in an active cab slot and got the squealing noise. As soon as I muted the cab slot it went away. I don't remember that happening previously.

No, that’s not it. Has happened to me too, after moving IRs in Cab-Manage. And it’s extremely loud, even dangerous to ears and equipment. I reported it some time ago.

No, that’s not it. Has happened to me too, after moving IRs in Cab-Manage. And it’s extremely loud, even dangerous to ears and equipment. I reported it some time ago.

Yes, it is something that needs to be fixed. Thanks

I had this happen while dialing in a preset at rehearsal volume levels using Cab-Manage when I selected an empty slot instead of the IR I meant to choose. It was an incredibly unpleasant experience.

Yeah, it happened to me once too. They really need to fix this.

I mute Cabs 1-4 with Axe-Edit before selecting blank User slots now. Then I drag the IR files to each slot to upload them. Then unmute.

I have this issue on a bunch of preset that I used FracTool to move from the II onto the III. Haven't had a chance to go through them all and select cabinets that surely were user cabs. Really sux when you have IEM's in and scroll past one of those.

This has been marked as fixed for next release in another thread mentioned above. Closing this one as it’s a duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom