Massive Poll: Which amps do you use?

Poparad

Power User
The other thread about "how many amps do you use?" got me thinking about which models get used frequently, which ones seldom, and which never at all. Just post the models you currently use in your regular presets. At some point I'll go through and tally up the results.

Clean:
USA Clean 1
USA Clean 2
Deluxe Verb
CA3+ Clean

Crunch:
Brit JM45
Class A 30 TB

Distortion:
Friedman HBE
Thordendal Vintage
Citrus RV50
FAS Modern II
Energyball
Cameron CH2
Fryette D60 M

Lead:
USA Lead Bright +

Bass:
SV Bass

Acoustic instruments:
Tube Pre

Would be a shed load easier with an actual poll built into the thread (not that the outcomes would concern me much anyway!) :)

Poll options are towards the bottom of the page when posting a New Topic by the way

i have been really digging the Splawn Nitro model lately. of course you have to use just the right cabinet and roll off the massive bottom end....but the distortion is just so chewy and satisfying.

before that, i was into the MKIIC model and the the Plexi. yeah, i know....all over the place tonally.

Punishing way too loud distortion:
Dizzy V4 Ch.3
5153 Blue
Friedman BE (I haven't gotten this to work well in the room with my band, but it records really really well... I like to blame the bass players bonkers heavy Ampeg SV classic muddying up the mix)

Crunch:
AC-20 DLX Treb
Euro Blue (My favorite amp in our long list of choices. I could for sure play my bands whole set with this amp block in various states)

Clean:
Shiver Cln
CA3+ Clean

Has anyone got their AxeFx tattoo yet? Or their license to marry an inanimate object???
I seriously effing love this box!!

Shiver clean, Recto red, triaxis (USA pre), 5150 III, dizzy and lately Friedman HBE and Brit Silver. Oh,, and Fas Modern.

For starters.

OK.

Clean:
Vox AC-30-TB
Super Reverb
Vibro King
Dumble

Crunch:
Dumble OD
Plexi 100

Lead:
Marshall Silver / Two Stone (run simultaneously)
LoneStar
Plexi Jumped 100

I mostly use my Silver / Two Stone. Cleans up great with the guitar vol rolled back. Rips when guitar vol is up.

Clean:

Buttery
AC20
SuperTweed

Trying (from FW12.03b):
Roamer
MZ-8

Rhythm:
Buttery

Lead:
Triptik Modern
ODS Lead Mid

Playing around with others but those are the main ones I am using with the band.

Clean:
USA Clean 1
USA Clean 2
Deluxe Verb
CA3+ Clean

Crunch:
Brit JM45
Class A 30 TB

Distortion:
Friedman HBE
Thordendal Vintage
Citrus RV50
FAS Modern II
Energyball
Cameron CH2
Fryette D60 M

Lead:
USA Lead Bright +

Bass:
SV Bass

Acoustic instruments:
Tube Pre

WOW!, it's like you've been looking over my shoulder! I would add; HIGH POWER BRILLIANT, to clean. CALI LEGGY for distortion.

5153 red
Band Commander
Bogner Shiva Lead
Bogner Red
Citrus AD 30 clean
JCM800
Nuclear tone
Princeton rev

USA Clean 1 and 2, Shiver Clean, CA3 Clean
Vox AC15 and AC30
Dual Recto1 Orange, IIC+, Mark IV, and Friedman HBE most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom