Massive high-gain tone with the JCM800 (Ultra Firmware 11)

Nolly

Inspired
Hey dudes,

Inspired by forum user Soultrash's use of the Diezel cabinet impulse (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/recordings/36208-axe-fx-fw11-5150-tonetest-metal.html), I based my own tone around the same IR but using the JCM800 amp. Really digging the result!
The guitar is a Blackmachine B2 loaded with BKP Nailbomb pickups. Drums are Superior 2.0 - Avatar snare and toms, Metal Foundry everything else. The bass is Trilian for now, but I really need to get a real gnarly sounding J-bass in there.

AWESOME TONE!
i love marshall amps for heavier stuff, much attack and clearness but still very agressive and roaring = perfect metal tone IMHO! :D

unfortunately i always fail to get enough gain out of them, even with a TS in front of the amp

cheers
S.

Thanks man, that IR is golden! Thankfully you can use the boost feature on the amp to get way more gain than a real JCM800 can. This does have a tubescreamer in front too of course to get the low-end juiciness :)

Anyone else having issues with SoundCloud, I can't get the file to play? When I click the link I get "The website cannot display the page".

Cheers dudes! No patch for this one I'm afraid, but if you go try Soultrash's excellent patch I linked in the OP you can get yourself right in the ballpark :)

This is such a sick patch. Very nicely done. I love the groove at 0:40-0:50.

I'm going to have to start toying around some more with the JCM for metal, this tone is just unreal. I've been pretty much sticking to the triple recto and even though it sounds amazing it might be time for something different :)

fsjklafsajklajkfsjklfsajfsklfajkfsalljfs that was insane, very cool! Especially the 1:00 - 1:20 massiveness....ahhhhhhh :D

Back
Top Bottom