Mass reordering of presets?

bossredman

Inspired
Hi.
I'd like to completely reorder the 384 presets in my AFX2.

I know you can do I by 1 in Axe edit.

But is there any way to do in one go.

Ie set order on a pc and then upload into AFX?
Thanks.

yes. use Manage Presets in Axe-Edit. Click the Tools menu, then Axe Manage Presets.

you can select multiple presets at a time by clicking the first, holding shift, clicking the last of a group, then let go of shift. then click and drag to the new spots.

Reactions: Ole
I found some old thread regarding the preset sysex headers containing the preset destination/location.

There are two possible destinations for a preset: the edit buffer or a defined preset number. The destination is encoded in the data. If it's not going to the edit buffer then the preset was harvested from a hard drive somehow. Axe-Edit is notorious for saving presets incorrectly as well.

When you load a preset with Axe-Edit is sets the destination bytes. However if you use a librarian then the preset may go to the edit buffer or to a defined preset location depending upon the destination bytes.

You can identify the preset destination from the data. If the seventh byte is 7F then it will go into the edit buffer, otherwise it will go into preset memory.

For example:
F0 00 01 74 03 77 7F 00

goes to the edit buffer whereas

F0 00 01 74 03 77 01 02

will go to bank B preset 2 (patch 130).

Just wondering if there is any risk in exporting a Full BANK sysex & then individually editting each preset's header to change to the desired location.

Thoughts pls?

I found some old thread regarding the preset sysex headers containing the preset destination/location.

Just wondering if there is any risk in exporting a Full BANK sysex & then individually editting each preset's header to change to the desired location.

Thoughts pls?
No comment on the technical feasibility of that strategy, but in what way is it easier or better than Manage Presets?

Hi.
Thanks.

I was just trying to semi automate the task somewhat.
Rather than manually swap each one.

I could have written a VB script to edit the hex in the sysex file based on my new desired order.

Back
Top Bottom