FM3 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555X + EV12L + FM3

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hi Guys,
Took me quite a while to figure out how to use my new Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555X amp.
I am doing lots of studio recording (Eve Audio SC305 & Beyerdynamic DT770) and live we play most of the times In Ear Monitors.
I love that sound , always stereo and really great band mix and no ear fatigue / pain / loss of frequencies after a long night playing .

So, my Amp speaker out goes to a Suhr Reactive Load and then into my Fractal Audio FM3 for the Speaker Impulse and Post FX.
Just recently I tried out the EV12L Speaker Impulse of a 2x12 Marshall '66 Cab from Ownhammer and really started to love that sound.

So here is my video with all my Fender Strat and Gibson Les Paul sounds.
Let me know how you like them and post your Marshall sound clips please....really curious what your choice of Speaker Cabs are....!

Thanks !

Sounds great! Marshall amps pair well with EV speakers. I've found the same to be true in the Axe. My only gripe is there aren't a lot of EV IRs out there. Joe Bonamassa used EVs when he ran his Marshall based rig.

Sounds great! Marshall amps pair well with EV speakers. I've found the same to be true in the Axe. My only gripe is there aren't a lot of EV IRs out there. Joe Bonamassa used EVs when he ran his Marshall based rig.
Thank you too man !! Yes those EV12L have surprised me a lot !!

True, very few EV12 IRs out there, but I have managed to get some 4x12, 2x12,1x12 from Ownhammer and Vallhallir has also offered me some of theirs …… will check them out soon and make a nice compilation in a video :)

Hey Anand,
You know I’m a Pleximan all the way. I really like the Brit IR’s from Choptones and the Sidewinder IR’s from Valhallir. Also sounded great with your Silver preset you put up on Axechange. Dig the video!
Take care brother.

Hey Anand,
You know I’m a Pleximan all the way. I really like the Brit IR’s from Choptones and the Sidewinder IR’s from Valhallir. Also sounded great with your Silver preset you put up on Axechange. Dig the video!
Take care brother.
Thanks Will !! YES, the Plexi amps are killer too...will pair it someday with my Jubilee for sure !!

Back
Top Bottom