I wanted to give an update to my posts above ....

I broke down and bought the preset from Rocco ..., the tone was just too good not too !

Anyway, I'm still in the process of trying to figure out how to pair down my template, but DAMN ..., the preset it everything you hear in Rocco's YouTube vid ! My Bridge humbucker has just a tad less output and it's slanted so the tone isn't exact, but it's close enough that I'm very happy ! And just for kicks I stuck J Santiago's EchoPlex Tone Match ( Cab ) block in front and WOW ....

Anyway ..., if you're on the fence, don't be any longer ! If you like the tone Rocco has come up with ..., buy the preset and I don't think you'll be disappointed !
thank you so much man!

I wanted to give an update to my posts above ....

I broke down and bought the preset from Rocco ..., the tone was just too good not too !

Anyway, I'm still in the process of trying to figure out how to pair down my template, but DAMN ..., the preset it everything you hear in Rocco's YouTube vid ! My Bridge humbucker has just a tad less output and it's slanted so the tone isn't exact, but it's close enough that I'm very happy ! And just for kicks I stuck J Santiago's EchoPlex Tone Match ( Cab ) block in front and WOW ....

Anyway ..., if you're on the fence, don't be any longer ! If you like the tone Rocco has come up with ..., buy the preset and I don't think you'll be disappointed !

Yes I have to agree - I've bought it and sounds like the vid and very vintage. I will make a little blues clip with it. :cool:

@R.D. btw does 9.04 beta sound different to 9.03?

Last edited:
Thanks Hubi, the reason for that might be that I played it all with fingers and also used his drive block but as is. With a pick sounds more attack, but I wanted to use some dynamics which works best for me with fingers. ;)

Thanks Hubi, the reason for that might be that I played it all with fingers and also used his drive block but as is. With a pick sounds more attack, but I wanted to use some dynamics which works best for me with fingers. ;)

That would probably explain 99.9% of it ! If you watch the vid again ..., Rocco's whacking at the strings fairly hard which would really create a strong attack and the perception of a little more gain .... Kinda like EVH attacks his strings too ....

What's up dudes!
I've decided to create some mix-ready patches using JUST factory cabs and sell them for a very reasonable price!
This is my take on the quintessential Marshall “Plexi on 10” sound. The core of the patch is a ToneMatch I’ve made of a great sounding Suhr SL68, John Suhr’s take on the perfect Plexi amp circuit. Check it out!

If you're interested in buying the "Marshall Plexi" patch used in this video hit me up at roccopezzin@gmail.com
Cost is just 5€

IMPORTANT: These patches are made using the AxeFx2 XL+ running firmware Quantum 9.01. However you can use them with the AxeFx2 mk I / II, XL by converting them with the FracTool software
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractool-the-ultimate-fractal-device-multitool.112538/
(keep in mind the AX8 doesn't have a ToneMatch block - I don't recommend buying this if you're planning to use it with the AX8 esclusively)

WOW!!!!!! As soon as the brown truck delivers my AXE next week I AM BUYING THIS PATCH!!!!!!The first 11 seconds of this video(AC/DC)sold me.RIP Malcolm!

Last edited:
Isn't it possible to turn a tone match into an IR, which could then be blended with another IR in Cab Lab, and then the result loaded into an AX8 ??

I'm SOOOOOO glad I bought this patch! I used it at practice tonight and kept going back to it instead of the patches I've been extremely happy gigging for a few years. It is such a versatile patch that feels great under the fingers and sits great in the mix. For MY setup and way I play, no one makes presets that are so perfect!

Back
Top Bottom