AFIII Marshall Plexi Shootout & Preset

Thanks for this long shotout - but it´s hard to hear differences if you don´t play the same with every amp.
So - for me there are no big differences between these Plexis in your video- the 1959 sounds noticable different, more open.
Maybe work with different cabs to make the differences bigger?
The 50 W Amps seems to cut better with rhythmplaying, your solonotes have a great sustain with this Les Paul.

I tried out the preset. Sounds great! I found I was playing each one a little different myself due to the different sound and feel of each. Definitely noticeable in that regard.

Thanks for this long shotout - but it´s hard to hear differences if you don´t play the same with every amp.
So - for me there are no big differences between these Plexis in your video- the 1959 sounds noticable different, more open.
Maybe work with different cabs to make the differences bigger?
The 50 W Amps seems to cut better with rhythmplaying, your solonotes have a great sustain with this Les Paul.
Good point! I certainly got carried away!! Thats also why I put it up for downloads, so everyone can try it. They all sound very similar since its same guitar, same cab.

Great preset. Just a heads up to anyone tring it, I had to match up some of the Plexi models with the scene names. For example you had the 1959SLP was set to the 100W 1970. and the new 2204 was set with the 1959SLP.

Last edited:
Great preset. Just a heads up to anyone tring it, I had to match up some of the Plexi models with the scene names. For example you had the 1959SLP was set to the 100W 1970. and the new 2204 was set with the 1959SLP.
Hmmm!! Sorry about that. I must’ve overwritten as I was tweaking. Thanks for the heads up

WOW! All of these plexi's sound awesome...and your playing...just awesome. Thanks a TON for all the vid's you are posting.

Back
Top Bottom