Marshall Plexi Crunch

WOW... totally forgot about this one... Listening to this now I feel that it's a bit midrangey... I think my "Tone" has progressively gotten "warmer" over the past couple of years depending - Still love the Marshall Bite though!

I need to revisit this and compare it to my current "Go-to" Marshall type sounds/patches.. ... hmmm.... 🤔

Absolutely sounds great. A just got a AXfx3, coming from an AX8. I got a similar tone with the AX8 but not out of the Plexi models. I used a Brit Super and used a tone of tips from Cliff's tech notes. The PEQ in front of the chain with the mid bump was the most effective. It added clarity and dynamics. Also, two OH greenback cabs, one with a 57 and the other with a 121 mic.

Bit 'o curiosity... Way back a band I mixed opened for 38 Special a number of times, and boy did those guys sound good, so tight and powerful and well arranged. Tone in the clip here is great, and sounds very much like them, I mention those old shows here because they played all Peavey. Just goes to show,I dunno, something :)

Bit 'o curiosity... Way back a band I mixed opened for 38 Special a number of times, and boy did those guys sound good, so tight and powerful and well arranged. Tone in the clip here is great, and sounds very much like them, I mention those old shows here because they played all Peavey. Just goes to show,I dunno, something :)
haha,.. I've picked that song apart so many times it's not even funny,.. that's one of my go-to riff's for my "Classic Rock" type of tone... that along with Stoned in Love and some older AC/DC :D .... Funny, I used to have an old Peavey Rock Master or Road Master 100W tube head and I always thought it gave me that perfect AC/DC sound back in the day.. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom