Marshall JCM800 4x12Slant G65 IRs - SM57 - Sean Ashe (40 FREE IRs!)

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone,

I'm back with another IR pack!!!

I decided to capture impulse responses of one of my Dad's 4x12 Marshall JCM800 Cabs. He has two, a slant and a straight. As I like the sound of the slant more, I decided to capture this first.

All IRs were captured with a Shure SM57 going into an Echo Audiofire4 Interface/Preamp, at varying distances from the grille and cone.

I have included a README file explaining the labeling system and more info on the cab. I really hope you enjoy them.

Click here for Marshally Goodness :D

- Sean

Sean, is there any trick to these? I tried a few but they sound like they are in a tunnel with wah pedal on and clip real bad.

Try the 4MS0, I know I tried it

Also keep in mind that yes the ones that are 3 inches away from the cone will sound a bit dark, it's because it's at the very edge of the speaker. Unusable as a primary (to me) but you could definitely use it to beef up your sound if you mix it.

With motor drive off I still get it, I have to lower the cab to -30db to get it not to clip. May it's the axe-omatic dsp. I will try loading it a different way.

JCM 800 amp sim + 1M51 + BW AX both panned to center=incredibly ballsy sounding 800
thanks Sean

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom