Marshall Guv'nor V1 Simulation

peteri

Power User
Fancy trying to dial this in, anyone had any success?

I have very basic circuit knowledge, but looking at the Bluesbreaker circuit - if I switch to Red LED clipping, should get part of the way there?

Anyone have any better ideas?

I had one when I was quite young - loved it to bits - had to sell it to fund other gear. 15 years later a bought another one, and I must admit that with my more seasoned ear, I did not really like it.

I would love to try a good simulation though. I remember the EQ being quite powerful. Both total mid boost and mid scoop worked quite well for different things

I've still gone mine, bought new back in the late 80s.

Agree, there are better pedals around - but would love to have a bash at boosting a Marshall with it (how I used to use it)

i used to have one of the originals. through the clean channel of my marshall jubilee, it sounded almost exactly the same as the lead/boost channel on the jubilee. so maybe try using the jubilee like a drive, with sag on zero, so you turn the poweramp modelling off?

if someone's got one and they're happy to loan it to fractal for a bit, i'm sure cliff would be happy to model it
I have an original UK built Guv,nor in basically mint condition sitting in a drawer that Fractal can borrow for as long as they like if they want to model it.

This thread was started before the Box o'Crunch (Crunch Box) was added to the Axe III. The Crunch Box is, for all intents and purposes, a Marshall Guv'nor with added controls. The Guv'nor does have a different stone stack, which can easily be emulated with the different EQ options in the Drive Block.

From the pedals I've built of both, they are very similar with the only difference I remember is the CB having a bit more gain. They are both pretty much BSIAB pedals with opamps instead of jfets.

Fancy trying to dial this in, anyone had any success?

I have very basic circuit knowledge, but looking at the Bluesbreaker circuit - if I switch to Red LED clipping, should get part of the way there?

Anyone have any better ideas?
Use the Ruckus, the Suhr Riot’s schematic is almost identical to the Guv’nor except it doesn’t have as many tone controls, which Fractal provides.

Back
Top Bottom