Marshall-esque amps for high gain tones?

rsf1977_again

Power User
I just discovered the JCM800mod sim. It's not the most impressive on its own but with a drive in front and in a mix it kills. So can anyone recommend me some other Marshall like flavored amps that might be worth exploring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Atomica High model is worth checking out. It's the closest I've come to an older (early 2000's) JCM 2000 DSL100. Great clarity, thick low end, and all that Marshally midrange that pops in a mix. :) it's diverse, but I mainly use it for higher gain tones.

The Atomica High model is worth checking out. It's the closest I've come to an older (early 2000's) JCM 2000 DSL100. Great clarity, thick low end, and all that Marshally midrange that pops in a mix. :) it's diverse, but I mainly use it for higher gain tones.
Thanks for the tip - I've been hankering after JCM2000 tones recently, so I'll give the Atomica a go.

Recto 2 Red Modern? J/K :lol

On a serious note, the AFS Models, Brit Super, Splawn (can't remember which one is the hot rodded Marshall model), Freidmans.. Not all of the ones I listed are just crushing beasts on their own, but a boost and the proper IR can make them killer! Right now I'm still loving the AFS models for my Marshall tones. The Friedmans rock it hard too! So many too choose from its almost overwhelming to try and get tones and ideas together lol

Justin, what particular IRs are you using with the Atomica high....just curios as I know they are designed for H30. Any of the new OH or fractal cab packs maybe?

I'm in love with the SPAWN ROD OD-1-1 into a cab loaded with Greenbacks.

Smallbox is my fav Friedman by far, followed by the Dirty Shirley. Never been able to make the BE or HBE work for me, personally....though most love them.

The Cameron is really good, keeps clarity and tightness even with tons of gain.

Can get tighter with a boost, but also can get out of control really easy, especially with the bright switch on.

Bogner shiva = dark Marshall with a saggy feel. Good alternative to the Friedmans if your playing needs the "squishiness" of an amp.

Don't be afraid to crank the bass mid and Treb knobs past 2-3pm to get the tone your looking for. (My mid knob is probably around 7.5 out of 10

Justin, what particular IRs are you using with the Atomica high....just curios as I know they are designed for H30. Any of the new OH or fractal cab packs maybe?

I've used a bunch of different IRs with that model, but at the moment I've been using IRs from the OH Multi Speaker Collection with mainly Vintage 30s, G12Ms, and sometimes a mixture of both. I set the low cut to 80-100 and high cut around 8-10k in the cab block. But like everyone on here, I'm constantly trying out new IRs.

Which ones have you been liking lately?

Back
Top Bottom