Marshall Code 50 - Ugggggg....

If judging by the screen, I'd say Marshall put all the good stuff where it counts, i.e. the sound. Now I'll just listen to the video to confirm...

That was probably the most painful intro to a review I've ever heard and it didn't get much better as it went on!

If you search youtube you can find much better reviews where it sounds merely crap and not atrociously crap like that one.

To be fair, the price point doesn't indicate you'll be getting something special I guess. A get out for parents buying for kids who hanker after a high end modelling amp/processor with a cool logo in time for Christmas maybe.

I think Marshall should re-launch a modernised version of the old 1U JMP-1 (maybe combined with a power amp and digital FX in a 2U size rack unit or mini head or combo) and stick to just making quality 'Marshall' noises.

Good lord, that sounds terrible. My old Fender Mustang II sounded much better than this for less. It sounds like there's something wrong with the amp.

I wish more gear reviews were worth a flip. Unfortunately, the vast majority of reviewers work for companies that are trying to sell or otherwise promote the gear, so the "review" is pretty much worthless. I'd love to see Guitar Player mag or something similar do a review that say, "Yep, this amp is a total piece of junk".

possibly a problem with the audio... even the speaking has a strange high pitched distortion to it... at least in my ear buds...

I've played through a Code and it didn't sound like that. That video is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom