Marshall cabs and speakers

gearjunkie

Inspired
Just wondering has anyone tried or knows how well the vintage 30's mix with the regular G12T-75 speakers mixed in a Marshall cab? Cross pattern or half half. I know people have good reviews mixing v30's and green backs etc. Or even if anyone has tried running a V30 cab in stereo with a regular 1960 lead cab?

Last edited:
No but used both,...usually very head voiced contingent. I prefer the T75's, but if you had a very dark voiced amp as you like know the V30's would bring out the mids.
If you opt to get some of either I would get the WGS versions over Celestions any day of the week.

I have a 1960BV I've had for years and it's what I'm used to. I just want to add a second cab. Where I live now V30 cabs are hard to come by. I'm looking at the used market. Not much of anything available. Always a few regular 1960 cabs. Actually years ago I had a cab loaded with Eminence Governors (supposedly a replacement for V30's) and I preferred those over the Celestions as well. They had a slightly tamer high end

Ive borrowed my cousins 1960a with T75's. Im running it in stereo with my Orange PPC412 that has v30's. Sounds wicked! Its going to be hard giving him his cab back. In fact im already looking for one myself. He's also planning to do a V30/T75 X pattern in his cab after hearing this setup too.

The 1960 provides the lows and the highs while the Orange fills the lows/mids. It really does sounds great, blends together so well. And it handles everything ive thrown at it: Metal, rock, blues.. Im running one of the Mesa amps for cleans and it is the best clean sound ive ever had.

Ownhammer's "Metal" mixes are using this recipe and ive always liked those ir's. Only found out last night while searching for T75/V30 ir mixes.

Just wondering has anyone tried or knows how well the vintage 30's mix with the regular G12T-75 speakers mixed in a Marshall cab? Cross pattern or half half. I know people have good reviews mixing v30's and green backs etc. Or even if anyone has tried running a V30 cab in stereo with a regular 1960 lead cab?
That is the Classic Bogner Ubercab Speaker Combo IIRC. Vicious.

Ive borrowed my cousins 1960a with T75's. Im running it in stereo with my Orange PPC412 that has v30's. Sounds wicked! Its going to be hard giving him his cab back. In fact im already looking for one myself. He's also planning to do a V30/T75 X pattern in his cab after hearing this setup too.

The 1960 provides the lows and the highs while the Orange fills the lows/mids. It really does sounds great, blends together so well. And it handles everything ive thrown at it: Metal, rock, blues.. Im running one of the Mesa amps for cleans and it is the best clean sound ive ever had.

Ownhammer's "Metal" mixes are using this recipe and ive always liked those ir's. Only found out last night while searching for T75/V30 ir mixes.

So was this with two separate cabs, v30's in one and T75's in the other? (Not mixed in the same cab?)

I thought this was a pretty popular speaker combo? Though I've mostly just heard people using it for heavy rock and metal, I don't know how it fares with other genres. Couldn't be bad, I wouldn't think.

There are a few cabs that come stock with this combo, like the Bogner Uberkab, and Randall Satan cab. There are Uberkab impulses stock in the axe fx.

Back in college a friend had a Peavey JSX and a 1960a with T75's. He bought two V30's and stuck them in one side. It was so long ago now that I can't really remember what it was like. I do remember V30's alone after using only T75's for so long was pretty different sounding though. Very middy with less bottom.

I didn't realize this was a somewhat common setup. I've heard of all sorts of other pairings especially V30's and greenbacks, but usually never anything with T75's. good info. Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom