Marshall 2150 (Rock n Roll Baby combo)

vinnyburns

Experienced
I want to recreate my 2150 combo on my AxeFX XL. It's basically a 100w Super Lead (model 1959) in a tiny 1x12 combo form but with an added PPI master volume. Is it as simple as just changing the master volume placement in the Axe?
Does anyone know much about these amps and if there was any other differences?
Cheers.
Vinny.

yes, change MV Location to Post-Pi. that gives you the PPI mod.

Thank you very much.
PS, the only reason I didn't just compare mine with the Axe is that something has gone wrong with my 2150 and it needs a service :-(
Another reason that although valves sound amazing, in the real world, they are a pain the arse :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much.
PS, the only reason I didn't just compare the mine with the Axe is that something has gone wrong with my 2150 and it needs a service :-(
Another reason that although valves sound amazing, in the real world, they are a pain the arse :)

Sorry to hear about your amp, if your place is close to Wellingborouth, check out Abott's music, Eli Abott always providing excellent service!

Cheers
Paco

edit: link added.... Abbott's Music - Home

Sorry to hear about your amp, if your place is close to Wellingborouth, check out Abott's music, Eli Abott always providing excellent service!

Cheers
Paco

edit: link added.... Abbott's Music - Home

Thanks Paco and cheers for the link. I can have it to Marshall in the same travel distance. Normally when I take something odd or old to Marshall, they get Phil Wells to look at them. He has worked on the 2150 and my 68 small box plexi before.
I was using the 2150 with a Suhr Riot before it died and it was sounding amazing. Always the case haha.

Thanks Paco and cheers for the link. I can have it to Marshall in the same travel distance. Normally when I take something odd or old to Marshall, they get Phil Wells to look at them. He has worked on the 2150 and my 68 small box plexi before.
I was using the 2150 with a Suhr Riot before it died and it was sounding amazing. Always the case haha.

Yes! All my memories of my tube amps that now need service are fond! lol

Thank you very much.
PS, the only reason I didn't just compare mine with the Axe is that something has gone wrong with my 2150 and it needs a service :-(
it's probably a given, but after changing to Post-Pi don't forget to dial Master back as you'll most likely will be doing this to a non Master amp sim (which by default has Master on 10). otherwise it's gonna sound close to exploding (which can be a good thing though ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom