Marshall 1960BV impedance?

VESmedic

Inspired
I’ve looked at the list of all the impedance curves modeled in the 3, but I do not see one for the Marshall AV/BV cabs??? I could be blind, but I don’t believe I did. Is there any way to Figure this out on my own and input those settings? I use AV/BV IR’s quite a bit, and it would be great to be able to match the impedance of those cabs. And before anyone says it, no, the speakers and the cabinet are not at all the same as a recto cab or a orange cab etc. the av/BV cabs are very, very different. More highs/grind, more scooped, and more low end believe it or not.

Or is this something I should put up as a feature request in that section? Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I also highly recommend the York Audio MV30 pack! Easily my favorite IR pack. Almost every tone I want is in there, just fantastic! Actually the cab from the pack is one that would be fun as a Dyna-Cab!

In regards to the SIC, York Audio could chime in with his suggestion, otherwise try the 4x12 SIC’s and see what sounds and feels right to you. Hopefully that helps and doesn’t give away info in the York Audio Manual!

Given the BV has slightly more bottom end, the 4X12 Basketweave would be the SIC that seems appropriate. For the AV, any of the other 4X12 Brit SICs should work, they are all pretty similar.

Thanks guys! I actually talked to Justin yesterday about this. I’m new to the axe fx, and I didn’t realize he recently started putting the SIC info in his IR packs, very cool! I have the MV30 pack, which I also think sounds great.

I Also was talking to cliff, and I believe Justin sent over the SIC data he pulled off of his BV cab to cliff, in hopes of cliff putting these in the axe fx, so that would be killer as well! Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.

Literally talked to cliff and Justin york who gave him the info less than 2 days ago. That is amazing! THAT is how quickly cliff implemented this after I brought it up. How can you beat that? Thanks @York Audio and cliff!
The @York Audio MV30 Cab speakers as a Dyna-Cab with both great sounding speakers in it would be amazing! That is also fantastic that it got put in that fast! Looking forward to updating when I can to try that SIC! Have a musical to play the second week of June I’ll update after!

I guess I’m ignorant but I don’t know what BV TV MV are. They all have a V in them, other than that I’m clueless. Anyone care to explain this to me?

I guess I’m ignorant but I don’t know what BV TV MV are. They all have a V in them, other than that I’m clueless. Anyone care to explain this to me?
My understanding is the 'BV' is a bottom cabinet, 'AV' has an angled top. The 'TV' is a bit taller version, not sure about the 'MV'. The 'V' usually refers to the speaker, Marshall calls it a 'Celestion G12 Vintage' speaker. The non-V cabs are usually G12T-75 or Greenbacks.

My understanding is the 'BV' is a bottom cabinet, 'AV' has an angled top. The 'TV' is a bit taller version, not sure about the 'MV'. The 'V' usually refers to the speaker, Marshall calls it a 'Celestion G12 Vintage' speaker. The non-V cabs are usually G12T-75 or Greenbacks.

Correct:

1960 A/B = GT75 speakers

1960 AV/BV = celestion marshall vintage speakers. This is also the original v30 design basically. Marshall has not deviated from it since 1986. Marshall wanted what is now the v30 to be a proprietary speaker of theirs I believe in 86-87, this is what the Marshall celestion vintage speaker is. My favorite cabs, and probably favorite speaker. They are much more scooped, have more high end grind, and believe it or not more low end than a recto cab.

MV30 is short for the “Marshall Vintage 30” speaker, which is an OEM V30 made exclusively for Marshall that sounds very different than your typical V30.

Back
Top Bottom