Marshall 1960AX, G12H anniversary and Greenback, Sennheiser MD441

aziz

Power User

I bought some new mics, so that obviously means more IRs, around 150 this time. Sennheiser MD441 has been on my wanted list for 20 years, now I finally got one. Also found a lovely little Telefunken D9 from somewhere 1950-1960, for fun vintage vibe.

square_list_zoom_md_441-u_01_sq_vocal_sennheiser.png
s-l300.jpg

Then, I modified my old and broken SM57 by removing the transformer. Surprisingly, it seems to work now:
103513d1229343768-mxl-sp1-sm57-mods-more-57_5.jpg

And Audix i5 as an added random bonus.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kma92zqufa97x6f/1960ax_part3.zip?dl=0
No mixes in the folder this time, feel free to create your own. The previous IRs with more regular SM57 captures from the same cab are here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...lestion-g12h-70th-anniversary-speaker.117781/

I don't remember if I posted the first round of condenser mics somewhere yet, AKG 214, Rode NT1 and Line Audio OM.

_smaller.jpg

Last edited:
I don't remember if I posted the first round of condenser mics somewhere yet, AKG 214, Rode NT1 and Line Audio OM.

I don't recall seeing those posted unless I missed them somewhere.. Thank you for the hard work, I can't wait to give these a try this coming weekend.

Also, I only see the SM57, e606, NT1, and Line Audio OM files, besides the mix & combo ones. Were the MD441 files named wrong?

Last edited:
Argh, the link code is from the old post, the correct zip is full of md441 files. I'll fix it when I get home from work!

Last edited:
Yes, now it works properly. I forgot to mention that the MD441 captures with B in the name are with the mic's bright switch on.

Thank you sir! I will give these a good run this weekend at the house if my elbow cooperates with me! (Tennis elbow in your picking hands arm kinda sucks :( )

Gotta check these out! I tried the 57 captures this past Saturday on some demo work the anniversary mix 2 (I think it was mix 2) worked best for my needs.

From a phase perspective how would these work with the 57's?

Back
Top Bottom