Marsh-UK Multi-Cabinet Collection - OwnHammer

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Hello Everyone,

I am very pleased to announce the first entry in the Multi-Cabinet Collections series of impulse response libraries is now available, the Marsh-UK! The library can be purchased from the following location:

Marsh-UK Multi-Cabinet Collection

For a better look at the boxes, here's some eye candy:

MCC_Marsh-UK_600.jpg

This single point library contains 6 cabinets from the legendary British amp and cabinet manufacturer containing the following enclosures:

112 MAR-CX - Based on a Marshall 1974cx 1x12 cabinet.
212 MAR-66 - Based on a Marshall 1966B 2x12 cabinet.
410 MAR-65 - Based on a Marshall 1965B 4x10 cabinet.
412 MAR-60 - Based on a modern production Marshall 1960B 4x12 cabinet.
412 MAR-CB - Based on a 1970’s Marshall “checkerboard” 1960B 4x12 cabinet.
412 MAR-TV - Based on a Marshall 1960TV 4x12 cabinet.

Each cabinet is sampled using two different speaker types, 3 variable position microphones, and 3 auxiliary captures.

From that and in addition to the single raw captures, a multi-speaker hybrid is created, and 5 different multi-mic mix types are then crafted for every speaker and speaker mix. Put that all together and there are 1638 unique, glorious IR's. Seem a bit much? For some it most likely will be, but I've got those of you feeling this way covered. At the top level directory there is a Quick Start folder which has my top picks of each kind of mix file for every cab and speaker permutation. This cuts the initial content to 90 files by way of 5 mix IR's for every hardware set.

Want to hear them in action? Below is a raw, no post clip of each of the cabinets in the cab order listed above:

Here are some brief textual descriptions of the cabs that can be heard plainly in the above demo:

The 112 MAR-CX will get you anywhere from hot country to contemporary and everywhere in between. Want something to pair with Class-A amps that chimes? This has it for DAYS, in SPADES. The M20 has the same cone as the pre-Rola Alnico Blues and Silvers, and the lower wattage magnet makes it wonderful for low to mid gain sounds. The FANE? I have one word for you - Gilmore. 'Nuff said.

The 212 MAR-66 is a chunky little monkey of a closed back 2x12, with a lot of the girth of a 4x12, but with the more direct, focused sound of a 2x12. Excellent all around workhorse that will cover a lot of mid gain ground.

The 410 MAR-65 is somewhat the black sheep of the group, in that it offers something very unique, interesting, and characterful. Is it going to be a go to for backbone sounds? Maybe not, but it will bring something different to the table that alone makes for very catching tones, and blended with something more familiar will give things a little extra retro sounding kick.

The 412 MAR-60 is where this library can cover heavier tones with ease. While the included speakers are very diverse in their range, this one is gonna be a go to for more modern and aggressive tones that also roll back down and clean up with aplomb.

The 412 MAR-CB, Rock 'n' Roll to the BONE. The classic cabinet and speaker combination sought after and used iconically over the last half century. The very definition of British tone was born here. Long live the king!

The 412 MAR-TV brings edge and unrivaled clarity to the UK sound with a unique midrange, tight bottom end, and string to string note definition no matter what you throw at it. Want that cutting 80's hair tone? This'll make you 'Feel Good'. Want some Jimi for lower gain? The pre-Rola H30's got you for when the wind cries Mary.

These clips were made with the Axe-Fx II and Quantum firmware, which plays with the newest OH sampling methodology BEAUTIFULLY. Historically I have always used tube amps to test with because I have felt it was the most future forward approach. With Quantum nailing tube tone, you now truly can hear the intentions and reasons for the choices made in the OwnHammer philosophy. Keep an eye to the product page over the next week as there will be some full mix clips added as well for further demonstration.

If this wasn't enough to whet your whistle (if not, check your pulse!), for the first week the library will be offered at 33% off!

This is one for the books folks, with loads of new content that all together forms the ultimate collection and heavy weight champ of British tone.

Enjoy everyone, and thanks for your support!

And what a nice idea with showing folder structure

With 1638 unique files, it was certainly a must!

For anyone curious, there is a lightbox slideshow at the bottom of the product page that goes over the folders, and the files inside them. Will definitely help conceptualize the feature set given the high amount of content in the package. :)

Are you kidding me?!?!

It's already a great price, to start with, and then it's another $10 off for the next week. THEN, if you've ordered a few cabs in the past already, you get another volume discount. I can't see any reason NOT to order this!! I can't wait to get home tonight - feeling a little Friday sickness coming on at work :mrgreen.

Ordered!

Glad this looks enticing guys, the content here won't let you down. This library had probably the most attention to detail paid to it of anything I've done, let alone being built on top of the recent improvements of the last 6 months. Those that I know that have torn into it have nothing but glowing things to say in all regards. I came upon some new gear for this that is just a blast to play, I personally can't pull myself off the 412 MAR-TV M25 files in the Quick Start folder right now! :D

I feel you, Jvstrat! Hopefully the intro price and frequency discount help out! :)

Very nice. Just bought it on your site. As always you provide high quality with anywhere from 2 to 20 times the variety than other cab packs for a price equal or less. Thanks for all your hard work and looking forward to checking it all out.

Glad this looks enticing guys, the content here won't let you down. This library had probably the most attention to detail paid to it of anything I've done, let alone being built on top of the recent improvements of the last 6 months. Those that I know that have torn into it have nothing but glowing things to say in all regards. I came upon some new gear for this that is just a blast to play, I personally can't pull myself off the 412 MAR-TV M25 files in the Quick Start folder right now! :D

I feel you, Jvstrat! Hopefully the intro price and frequency discount help out! :)

So are these basically like the mic di like all the newer Fractal stuff?

Back
Top Bottom