Marsh-UK Multi-Cabinet Collection - OwnHammer

Can you get the sp mixes if you don't have an axe fx?

Absolutely! This and all my libraries contain .wav files, so they will work with pretty much any platform out there. At the bottom of the product page where it says 'IR Captures', you can click on those thumbnails to see the folder structure and file inclusions. :)

mcc-included-files.jpg

I’ve bought the pack!

I can’t wait until the weekend to see how gilmouridian is that Marshall 1974cx with the Fane 122142 8)

Just bought my first Ownhammer collection!

Not a complaint, just an observation:

It is very difficult to download the files. I am attempting to download them one at at time (as per the advice on the webpage) and many of them timeout repeatedly. I have to restart from scratch and hope for the best. I'm still still plugging away at this.

Any advice?

Hi Kent,

If it helps, the OwnHammer website is hosted on a dedicated server in the HostGator/BlueHost Provo data center in SLC, Utah. To my understanding, this is one of if not the largest data center in the world, with a staff of I think 800-900 administrators just monitoring and supporting the servers. At my home connection (which is no different than anyone else's), I typically can upload to the server at 600 kb/s, and can download via http or ftp at 600 kb/s to 1200 kb/s. I'm always baffled by connection and speed issues as I can never duplicate them, but almost every time it is from a location outside of the US. Many times in these situations if a download is going slowly, killing it and starting over (maybe a few times) seems to help the plagued user.

I've rebooted the server just now for good measure, hopefully that helps. :)

I've had no problems downloading. I'm in Sweden and it wasn't superfast but the latest multicab pack, 250Mb, took 2-3 minutes.

Just bought my first Ownhammer collection!

Not a complaint, just an observation:

It is very difficult to download the files. I am attempting to download them one at at time (as per the advice on the webpage) and many of them timeout repeatedly. I have to restart from scratch and hope for the best. I'm still still plugging away at this.

Any advice?

Had the exact same issue. Just kept at it and it worked eventually.

It worked. I managed to download all of the files, but it took me 6 hours to do so. It's not really a big deal. It just requires more mental bandwidth than I'd expected.

I bought this pack a little while ago, and need to know if the Fractal folder is Ultrares or do I need to download the 48 mono?

Absolutely! This and all my libraries contain .wav files, so they will work with pretty much any platform out there. At the bottom of the product page where it says 'IR Captures', you can click on those thumbnails to see the folder structure and file inclusions. :)

mcc-included-files.jpg

Awesome, thanks.

What's the difference between the different bit rates on the wav files? Also, is mono or stereo better if you're only using one IR in a preset?

Sorry, I've used IR's in the past, but don't know a ton about them.

I think you only need to download the Fractal file ones. Then batch convert them in Cab Lab.

If I'm not mistaken. (and if I am, please correct me!)

I bought this pack a little while ago, and need to know if the Fractal folder is Ultrares or do I need to download the 48 mono?

Just use Fractal folder and if you want them in UltraRes you have to covert them with CabLab for licence reason - UltraRes is a product of only Fractal.....

These sound very nice - dumb question, but how do you load them into the Axe FX?

Use FractalBot to put them either in to the scratchpads or if you want to keep them on the axe save them in one of your user cab slots....

The ones in the Fractal folder are still .wav files so yes, they have to be converted whether UR or not.

Thanks, guys!! I've got CL, just wasn't sure which folder as I'm used to 48 mono and seeing a folder for UltraRes.

I purchased this pack this weekend, I loaded the cabs into a few of Black Bitches presets that I use on a daily basis, I was using some irs from cabir.eu that I still love but this pack has some great sounds. I just randomly converted a few cabs to ultrares and wow I get some beautiful blues tones! Now to test out more of these funs times indeed :)

Ok, now I'm unsure if i understood this right.
I was under the impression that to get maximum quality and UltraRes i needed to download the 48k mono folder and convert the 200ms folder files in cablab? And that the fractal folder only contains normal Hi Res syx files?

What kind of files are inside the fractal folder? The same as in the wav 48k mono folder?

This is confusing, maybe put a clarification on your FAQ page, Kevin....

Is there some free application to convert the Wav files to Axe-FX II using High Resolution?

I have Axe-O-Matic, but I've been told that it only converts to the old resolution format.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Someone help the new!

How to get these into the XL?

Fractal-Bot was mentioned. It appears that there is no way to do this from Fractal-Bot. Did the poster mean "Axe-Edit"? I fumbled around with that and there is no way to import WAV files that I can determine.

The Axe-FX manual is woefully devoid of information regarding this aspect of the device.

Is Cab-Lab required? If so, I do wish that this was made abundantly clear within this thread and on the OH webpage prior to purchase. I'm still looking forward to playing around with the pack but things could be simpler and more clear.

Back
Top Bottom