Mars Shells (I & II) - En route to Gibson/Epiphone demos - Free Preset/Vid

OK that's great! I've made a modified version of your original for my EJ, can't wait to take this one for a spin, thank you!

Couple of questions not about the preset if you don't mind ...

- I was really curious to hear your middle pickup tones, it's "difficult" for me, upper-mid peaky, no tone control, hard to get nice when the other pickup combos sound good. One answer is that you didn't play it by itself at all I believe. Would love to hear how it works for you, if you use it..

- Looks like you have the pickups set quite low. Am I seeing that right? Any thoughts on pickup height adjustment for that guitar?

Thank you again, great stuff.

This are super cool Burgs - A bit bottom heavy with my Suhr SSH strat, but real good - That 1959 channel might make it's way into my main preset

OK that's great! I've made a modified version of your original for my EJ, can't wait to take this one for a spin, thank you!

Couple of questions not about the preset if you don't mind ...

- I was really curious to hear your middle pickup tones, it's "difficult" for me, upper-mid peaky, no tone control, hard to get nice when the other pickup combos sound good. One answer is that you didn't play it by itself at all I believe. Would love to hear how it works for you, if you use it..

- Looks like you have the pickups set quite low. Am I seeing that right? Any thoughts on pickup height adjustment for that guitar?

Thank you again, great stuff.

Hey Dave. I rarely use the middle pickup except in combination with the bridge pickup (P2). I'm a bit like you in that regard, I guess. I should try and pay more attention to it but it's never really turned me on as a separate tone.

Pickup height: I went with Fender's setup specs for this one - 'Vintage Style'. See https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us...-do-I-set-up-my-Stratocaster-guitar-properly-

This are super cool Burgs - A bit bottom heavy with my Suhr SSH strat, but real good - That 1959 channel might make it's way into my main preset

Glad you're digging them, Smittefar. I've never owned or even tried a Suhr. One day, maybe!

Well you have so many other nice guitars :D

I tried quite a few Suhrs, but never one that I liked until someday, I got offered one in a trade for a PRS. I agreed thinking, the Suhr might be easier to sell than the PRS, but I just clicked with that guitar, and it is never going anywhere.

Spent a while with the strat version and my EJ, very fun. Not sure why, but I still had to adjust volume access scenes somewhat. Much less than with the humbucker version and a strat, and not a big deal, just odd.

Have you talked anywhere about how you have your FC-12 set up? That boost footswitch is pretty handy. Is that part of one of the factory layouts?

Last edited:
Gibson (Epiphone) enlisted me to demo four of their new Epiphone 'Inspired by Gibson' range. So I figured Marshalls would be the best platform. That gave me cause to write this preset which I now share with you. The Epiphone demos have not gone live yet but here's a taster (second vid below) if you're interested*.

*Epiphone want to hold that video for the next three weeks so I've had to pull it down for a bit. Sorry!

Preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7740

Preset Demo Video:

Strat version (as of 19 March 2020)

Preset link:
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7784

Video demo:

The preset for Strat's (Silver Sky in my case) is excellent, thank you! Anxious to see the video for the Epiphone's

This is definitely my fave Marshall one, tried it today in the last version an the strat one and sounds fantastic

Great job

@Burgs our of curiosity seen you don’t use the gain enhancer, is there any reason, I’ve read helps to clean nicely when hoy roll down the volume ?

Back
Top Bottom