Maroon 5 Axe-Fx III Awesomeness

James Valentine's former rig, weighing in at well over 1000 pounds and featuring half a dozen pedals, a rack wah, an Axe-Fx II, and four amps, in addition to four cabs and six mics out of frame, is now ONE Axe-Fx III that you'll all be hearing...Soon...Very soon.

Adam Levine and Jesse Carmichael have been on the AX8 since 2017 and the III since 2018, respectively.

View attachment 51748
Is Mickey Madden also moving his bass rig over to the III?

Ah sweet..I guess we will not see any piece of gear anywhere during the half time show, it's all hidden somewhere. Or should we look out for a III?

Ah sweet..I guess we will not see any piece of gear anywhere during the half time show, it's all hidden somewhere. Or should we look out for a III?
IIRC, when Lady Gaga was the performer, her guitarist was using a Kemper and it was visible for a split second by his feet. Might just be artist preference whether or not they want it visible on the stage.

Always enjoyed his old Rig Rundown back in the day... he just seemed like a really cool and down to earth dude, with a nice pedal board and rig.

Very cool if he shares some patches, which is kind of the 2019 version of a "rig rundown" lol

I’ve never been a fan of this kind of music but it’s nice to see more people see reason and get rid of those refrigerator racks.

I'm always interested in checking out presets made for pro artists. Not so much to cop their sound - as I usually find that any preset I download is not directly usable for me or my guitars without serious modifications - but to learn the strategies, routing, effect choices and other details that went into making something usable for them.

In fact, the Axe FX (all versions) is a continuous discovery process as I'm sure even masters like Cooper will testify to.

I’ve never been a fan of this kind of music but it’s nice to see more people see reason and get rid of those refrigerator racks.
Totally agree...but I still love looking at those massive rigs. I drool over it even though I now don't envy it. Truly a dichotomy for me!

Totally agree...but I still love looking at those massive rigs. I drool over it even though I now don't envy it. Truly a dichotomy for me!
Large rigs make me cringe.
Maybe if you have a roady, you don't care.
But the mere thought of bringing this stuff up and down the stairs feels painful.

Large rigs make me cringe.
Maybe if you have a roady, you don't care.
But the mere thought of bringing this stuff up and down the stairs feels painful.
No I totally agree. They are just beautiful to look at a symphony of electronics working in tandem.

Back
Top Bottom