Maroon 5 Axe-Fx III Awesomeness

Do you also leave all the stickers and pickguard films on your guitars? My OCD needs you to peel off that film. I can come by if you can't be bothered.
I have indeed been known to leave a pick guard film unmolested......so sue me.

More on topic, I'm sitting 10 feet away from a '68 dripface Bandmaster I picked up for a song at Atomic Music when they were at their old location. I was pleased as punch when I bought my Axe-Fx II that the very same amp I gigged with was modeled... mine can't have been made more than a few months apart from the one that Cliff modeled. It was an impulse purchase because I'd read that Ronnie Montrose used a "Bandmaster" in conjunction with a Big Muff for Montrose's first album. Little did I know that 99% of that album was actually a dimed tweed Bandmaster as opposed to the Blackface AB763 circuit one that I ended up with. Tremendous amp regardless. I do, however, find that on the real amp the Normal channel sounds fuller and takes dirt pedals better than the Vibrato channel. Shame the Normal channel isn't modeled, though I think the Princeton is basically the same thing since it also has a TB tone stack and is modeled.
The vibrato channel is loaded down by the vibrato circuit. The normal channel isn't. You can probably get close using the vibrato channel model by increasing the MV trim.

Do you also leave all the stickers and pickguard films on your guitars? My OCD needs you to peel off that film. I can come by if you can't be bothered.
If it will ease your neuroses, what you saw was not the film , but a reflection of the hanging cables in front of the screen......but you did make me check.

...I ran to the store earlier and bought milk, eggs and bread! That way when the power goes out I'll be prepared with a stockpile of perishable goods and no power to cook them.
Boil the eggs now. Rumor has it you don't need to cook the bread and milk. :)

Would love to see some of those patches!

(I know it won't happen, but a guy can dream.)

Another question: Is he all direct? Or does he still use a few cabs onstage?

And the only time I drink La Croix is when its mixed with an adult beverage.

Just wondering in Fractal's band of merry tweaker's Matt/Cooper/Mark are you seeing a lot of artist using KLANG 3D IEM systems? That's some sick tech.

Back
Top Bottom