• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Maroon 5 Axe-Fx III Awesomeness

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
I'm always interested in checking out presets made for pro artists. Not so much to cop their sound - as I usually find that any preset I download is not directly usable for me or my guitars without serious modifications - but to learn the strategies, routing, effect choices and other details that went into making something usable for them.

In fact, the Axe FX (all versions) is a continuous discovery process as I'm sure even masters like Cooper will testify to.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I’ve never been a fan of this kind of music but it’s nice to see more people see reason and get rid of those refrigerator racks.
Totally agree...but I still love looking at those massive rigs. I drool over it even though I now don't envy it. Truly a dichotomy for me!

FreeMind

Power User
Totally agree...but I still love looking at those massive rigs. I drool over it even though I now don't envy it. Truly a dichotomy for me!
Large rigs make me cringe.
Maybe if you have a roady, you don't care.
But the mere thought of bringing this stuff up and down the stairs feels painful.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Large rigs make me cringe.
Maybe if you have a roady, you don't care.
But the mere thought of bringing this stuff up and down the stairs feels painful.
No I totally agree. They are just beautiful to look at a symphony of electronics working in tandem.

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Guitar tones were great but I have to say I thought the overall halftime show was horrible.

Just no energy, awful hip hop performs, and for love of god, why does Adam think he needs to be taking off his shirt ?

Gaga killed it last year so the bar was really high. James sounded fantastic and the tones were dialed spot on with the album, but aside from that, one of the weakest overall performances I can recall. Then again, same could be said about the game lol. Happy for Brady getting #6 though, GOAT.

Tom Morris

Power User
Just couldn't get those guys to wear the T-shirt....... Damn rock stars.

Hmm I guess even people making the big bucks skimp on expression pedals. I guess it could be a feel thing if your used to another brand. Shrugs.

ccroyalsenders

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Just couldn't get those guys to wear the T-shirt....... Damn rock stars.

Hmm I guess even people making the big bucks skimp on expression pedals. I guess it could be a feel thing if your used to another brand. Shrugs.
He's used the same ones for a long time on various rigs.

electronpirate

Hey! I use those expression pedals and love them.

They sounded great. I guess against all the interwebz rage I actually liked the performance. But sort of thought I was having some sort of drug flashback when SpongeBob did an intro...

chris

Legend!
because a-list musicians are typically in big performances, the negative reaction (if any) is usually full of hyperbole and very biting. more than you would with anyone you actually know. they're just people too, so while i'm sure they're used to ignoring x amount of silly opinion, among musicians on a specialized forum for the gear they use, maybe it's not what they'd expect. *shrug*

Top Bottom