Mark V Amp Match - All Channels & Modes

Hey

Okey thanks for reply ,but that dude was tone matching whole amp I have few questions. Was there 5-band engage for the real amp when he was tone matching those channels ,and how I can get all those channels tone matching presets one by one because there is only one .syx file? And what Is IIRC?

There was no 5-band eq in may 2012.

These TM's was very good though IIRC.

Hey

I now testing those presets have someone figured out that tone chance ,when I load these presets whit fractal bot they sounds amazing. But when I open these whit axe edit ,sound quality will chance. Would be nice to know how is that possible ,and is there cure to fix that?

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

What do you mean by tone "chance"?

I think he tone matched out of record out or something. He is no longer on the forum, so this you must figure out on your own.

Use what sounds good. Don't worry about all the small details, they often just gets in the way.

Edit: do you by chance, mean change?

wow this thread is still going huh? Dimebucker i don't have the axefx anymore so not sure if these tone matches would work on the newer firmwares. I don't think i have separate files of each tone match anymore. I'll have to look in a backup hard drive.

Hey

Thanks for reply ,nothing problem anymore. I was notice little tone chance when I upload those presets for fractal bot ,and when I save those and open that preset for axe edit there was tone chance. Weird but I will check out soon ,what there was happened.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

What do you mean by tone "chance"?

I think he tone matched out of record out or something. He is no longer on the forum, so this you must figure out on your own.

Use what sounds good. Don't worry about all the small details, they often just gets in the way.

Edit: do you by chance, mean change?

Hey

Yeah Mesa Boogie Mark series amps are amazing ,big thanks for you those amazing tone matching presets. And hey i already found those separate files ,someone was put those in this thread. Don't remember page anymore ,but i have those thanks.

wow this thread is still going huh? Dimebucker i don't have the axefx anymore so not sure if these tone matches would work on the newer firmwares. I don't think i have separate files of each tone match anymore. I'll have to look in a backup hard drive.

Hey

Yeah it was very close that tone what I was use back in days ,when I was have that Mesa Boogie Mark IV head. Only difference was that cabinet ,I was have those days Framus 412 V30 cab. But I was try to find some IR ,which are very close that Framus 412 cab. And I did found some my old recordings ,for that Mark IV and Framus 412 v30. And very close that Framus 412 V30 cab ,was that Mesa Boogie Trad 412 V30 IR.

Hey Dimebucker that seems to nail it pretty good.

Hey

Hey Floydian80 I was read that you was use Mesa Mark V slave out for those matches ,is that better than recording amp if amp have those two features? And can you explain exactly how did you do those matches ,was your Mesa Mark V connect to real cabinet same time because there is big load going on whit real amp? And what value/settings was ,your Mesa Mark V slave out mix? And did you put about same settings for Axes boogie amps ,like you was have whit Mark V? And did you use Live tone matching feature ,or Offline tone matching feature? And what about Axes chain ,did you have there only Amp Block and Tone Matching Block? And did you play big chords or palm muting riffs ,when you was tone matching those channels? And what settings did you use for ,Mark V output level? And last how you axe was connect to mesa mark V ,mesa mark V slave out to input for axe fx and guitar to mesa mark V input or how? Thanks already bro.

Last edited:
Hey

Floydian80 I have done already that Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV amp lead channel tone matching ,and I don't need help anymore. Big thanks to Morphosis ,for help and tips.

Hi ghoul,

Did you ever get a reply on this? I did some research and it seems to me (and I'd really love some of the advanced guys input on this) that TM works on the signal chain after the preamp - especially the speaker response. So if the preamp's components are modeled correctly, the sound post this input is what is affected - does this seem fair and does anyone have the actual rationale behind it? I was scratching my head also as I have read the Axe software is designed to model the components,so I thought that must mean the sound would be correct for whatever you have dialed up - but that is an awful lot of components to get correct...So what type of modelling does TM use (it's not components...they don't have a sound wave) and where in the signal chain are the changes made?

T

Hey,

Hate to derail this thread because I love what's going on with ToneMatching and this Mark V set is probably the best stuff I've heard yet but why is it that the ToneMatches sound better than the simulations that Cliff and the team created? This is not a knock on anyone again. Just trying to figure out the difference in process between creating a sim and creating a TM.

Shouldn't the TM be part of the process when creating a amp simulation and basically be part of the core sim? Probably best answered by Cliff or one of the engineers at Fractal.

Just a thought.

No. Never did get a reply. I really just think what the TM does is create an EQ that gets
the simulation much closer than the "simulation engineer" could ever accomplish by his ear alone.

Hey

And here is quick test for that boogie tone ,it was quick record test very raw. But i was get very close my old rig ,when i was have Mark IV. I was use one of those Mark IV channel presets ,and Mesa Boogie Trad 4x12 V30 cabinet. Tone test for that boogie tone ,link is here below.

hey . share this preset ?

Back
Top Bottom