Mark V Amp GEQ

bread

Power User
I'm gravitating to the 5 Band (Mark) EQ on just about all my amp blocks now. I've found it to work really well with the Brit 800 so I guess I'm moving away from authenticity to using what I prefer to hear. That's a good thing I think...

Anyone else doing this and had similar results ?

"but, but, but, but.... it has to be AUTHENTIC!"

jk, that's what people always say about the Kemper EQs.

"but, but, but, but.... it has to be AUTHENTIC!"

jk, that's what people always say about the Kemper EQs.

I'm using 6l6 tubes too - good job it's not the plexi or there would be a few raised eyebrows ha ha

Had a kemper- thought it was good but I got rid of it and got the FX8 then the XL+

What you are suggesting doing (using the Mesa EQ on all presets) is exactly why I liked the Kemper tone stack being the same across all profiles. It's just simpler having stable tone stack behavior. I don't really care about "authentic" in the least.
:)

What you are suggesting doing (using the Mesa EQ on all presets) is exactly why I liked the Kemper tone stack being the same across all profiles. It's just simpler having stable tone stack behavior. I don't really care about "authentic" in the least.

Yep same here - I don't give a shit about the "amp in the room" thing either. I want a hell of a lot more than that

Boy, I find that much of the amp-specific mojo involves the tone stack. It affects the gain, and more importantly how gain stages react to the major bands that the tone stack controls. So I'm very grateful to have access to both the stock tone stack and then whatever "post" EQ I might want.

I love the 5 band! Used to use it with the Friedman's by default, to tame the mud that used to overpower those models a little.
The 5-band passive EQ is amazing as well, I always use it on the Savage amp model (for some reason), and my bass patches.

Not surprised. I've seen the Mesa 5-band EQ pedal on a lot of pedal boards over the last couple of years, pretty much the same deal.

I have felt guilty :) about using it on almost all amps as well. Not really sure why it is so different sounding than the other EQ's but I really agree it sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom