Mark V 100 watt

Ka2

Quick question. As for the footswitch on the Mark V are using a midi. Do i use the relay or the midi output on the fx8 or di i need to get the mini amp gizmo? Which im planning not to is its possible? Im olanning to get the amp soon. The mark v25 are using TRS so it easisr.

Quick question. As for the footswitch on the Mark V are using a midi. Do i use the relay or the midi output on the fx8 or di i need to get the mini amp gizmo? Which im planning not to is its possible? Im olanning to get the amp soon. The mark v25 are using TRS so it easisr.

the mark V does not have midi, it has a footswitch jack with several pins that looks similar to a midi jack. it's possible to get adaptors that allow the fx8 relays to plug in to the footswitch jack, or you can get a mini amp gizmo.

I have a Mark V and I use the 1/4" jack outputs on the back. I can switch channels 2 & 3 with Relay 1, EQ and Solo with Relay 2. Using two of these. Red wire is set to tip and black is set to ring.TRS jack.jpg

the mark V does not have midi, it has a footswitch jack with several pins that looks similar to a midi jack. it's possible to get adaptors that allow the fx8 relays to plug in to the footswitch jack, or you can get a mini amp gizmo.
I have the FX8 and Mark V and use the relays for switching channels, EQ etc...works flawlessly.
No need for an Amp Gizmo, just a couple of TRS - TS -Y cables- I use these:
http://btpa.com/ADP12-XX.html

I have a Mark V and I use the 1/4" jack outputs on the back. I can switch channels 2 & 3 with Relay 1, EQ and Solo with Relay 2. Using two of these. Red wire is set to tip and black is set to ring.View attachment 33740
Yea i have that and using that on Mark V 25. Im planning to get the Mark V 100. And yes the footswitch are using some kine if 5 or 7 pin. But by using that adaptor how do you plug it in the footswitch jack on the Mark V 100watt? As for the Mark V 25 its just plug and play on the footswitch jack as it is using TRS, so its easy.

Yea i have that and using that on Mark V 25. Im planning to get the Mark V 100. And yes the footswitch are using some kine if 5 or 7 pin. But by using that adaptor how do you plug it in the footswitch jack on the Mark V 100watt? As for the Mark V 25 its just plug and play on the footswitch jack as it is using TRS, so its easy.
On the left hand side of the back panel the Mark V has four quarter inch jacks for switching channels, solo boost and EQ.

On the left hand side of the back panel the Mark V has four quarter inch jacks for switching channels, solo boost and EQ.
Yea i saw that. So does that mean i don't have to use another device like amp gizmo or somethin? Just straight trs to those 4 input to relay on the fx8?sorry for the noob questions.

Yea i saw that. So does that mean i don't have to use another device like amp gizmo or somethin? Just straight trs to those 4 input to relay on the fx8?sorry for the noob questions.

That's right.

Use 2 TRS cables and a TRS to 2xTS jack converter. I use the Hosa ones which work fine. They cost about £3.50 each or get a custom cable made if you're feeling extravagant.

That's right.

Use 2 TRS cables and a TRS to 2xTS jack converter. I use the Hosa ones which work fine. They cost about £3.50 each or get a custom cable made if you're feeling extravagant.
So meaning i don't have to use the footswitch output from the mesa? And it works? Which i am using now on the Mark V 25. Its different on the 100 watt Mark V

So meaning i don't have to use the footswitch output from the mesa? And it works? Which i am using now on the Mark V 25. Its different on the 100 watt Mark V

There are 2 types of input on the mark V 90 watt model.

Footswitch in which you can midi switch with a mini amp gizmo and a custom cable

Or

There are 4 jack sockets to change channels, eq on off, solo on/off. To use them you need 2 TRS cables from the fx8 relay outputs that get split into 2 x mono jacks that go into these relay inputs on the back of the mark v.

I'll send a photo of mine when I get home later today.

There are 2 types of input on the mark V 90 watt model.

Footswitch in which you can midi switch with a mini amp gizmo and a custom cable

Or

There are 4 jack sockets to change channels, eq on off, solo on/off. To use them you need 2 TRS cables from the fx8 relay outputs that get split into 2 x mono jacks that go into these relay inputs on the back of the mark v.

I'll send a photo of mine when I get home later today.
Alright cool. Thanks.

Are you talking about the Mark V or JP-2C? Both are part of the Mark series and the JP-2C is the only 100 watt version. It does not have 1/4" options for switching at this point. Just thought I'd clarify the exact amp since there seems to be a bit of confusion over the footswitch options on the back of the amp.

Are you talking about the Mark V or JP-2C? Both are part of the Mark series and the JP-2C is the only 100 watt version. It does not have 1/4" options for switching at this point. Just thought I'd clarify the exact amp since there seems to be a bit of confusion over the footswitch options on the back of the amp.
Not the JP-2C just the Mark V. I thought there is a 100 watt for it or just 90 watt max?im planning to get it soon, so yea need to clarify if it's using midi or 1/4" TRS to switch the amp from the FX8 to the amp.

Cool, the mentioned methods using the relays and TRS to dual TS adapters will work just fine. I would imagine there's a way to use the MIDI but for me and my Roadster the Relays work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom