Mark Speer (Khruangbin)

iaresee

Administrator
I can't tell if it's commitment to a persona ala Spinal Tap or if he's just...a little odd. Either way, I like what this trio does very much.

Based on:

I made something stupid simple like he uses:

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 10.17.03 PM.png

Eternal Love takes the place of his DS-1. Seems okay as a swap given his settings.

The wah is controlled by external three and is always on. I find setting your pedal so it's around 7.83'ish works well with my Ed O'Brien Strat (that has a Dunlop rail in the bridge position like Mark's Strat has). It's weird. But you get used to it.

Phaser was approximated to match his Boss PH-3 settings.

Comp is always on. Matches the Dyna Comp he's using.

Reverb...it's springing. He uses the spring setting on his Holy Grail. I dunno. The spring 'verb in the III is maybe a little too good to cop the Holy Grail thing?

Delay is mono tape. External 2 controls master feedback and goes between just about one repeat all the way into self oscillation.

Amp is a DR vibrator channel setup like in the video. I liked the Tweed Deluxe IR better than the Deluxe IR so I used that. Tremolo from a trem block between the amp and cab because I already had a switch for a trem block setup on my controller and didn't want to have to map another switch to the amp block tremolo depth. I'm lazy like that.

Scene 2 is uses some reverb sounds and a drive block with some gain that he doesn't use that I thought sounded cool and spacey.

Enjoy? It's definitely a...sound.

Preset download here: http://bit.ly/2OdS40D

i own an Axe Fx 2 and it'd be cool if you could put up all the settings in here. I can't load your preset.
I've been fiddling too much with the settings, and I'm dying to get Mark Speer's tone.

I put this patch together for AxeFX II. I used Feactool to look at the settings for the original patch and approximated where necessary. I put the trem block on a separate row so I could mix it in to taste rather than have the mix at 100%. I don't know that I am totally satisfied with it as a perfect replica of Mark's tone, but it sounds nice and is fun to play. Thanks iaresee for the patch - I had tried to match the video on my own and didn't get as close as I did using yours as a base. I'd love some feedback and/or suggestions on improving it.

Attachments

• Khruang.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 39
I thought I was the only one who knew about this band...I listen to the latest album all the time when I'm working around the house. It's fun music. So good.

Back
Top Bottom