Mark Series EQ

I couldn’t find the preset, which is bumming me out. 😩 I found one with a Mark IV, but the settings are definitely different than what I used on my clip. I don’t remember if the IR came from the OS or the Trad, but it’s probably Mix 01 or 57m-1. I never lost those things when I make comparisons because I never want them to feel like I’m trying to sell something… I’m just a dude excited that a modeler can actually replicate my real amps.
Thank you. My JP2C is arriving soon, I'm hoping to do the same with that - I'd really like to have that dialed in in my Axe :)

So… what’s the thing with the Mark Series Eq?
As I could understand from what I actually read it’s the Key factor in shaping the tone of Mark Series amps since the knobs determine the character of the distortion and gain and the graphic EQ is adding bass, Mids and etc.

Many people say that the Graphic EQ in the AX3 isn’t as accurate since the tapers aren’t the same and the range of dB is much wider

If it totally impossible to recreate is there a way to emulate and create that taper and db range? Like with the Mid Cut in Diezels?
The eq can darken your tone without the threat of flub, commonly known the bass knob will start flubbing out quickly past 2 or less depending on pickups etc... I personally don't want to cut the mid with the knob and add it back with the slider, I think the amp breathes well with the mid knob at 5 and cutting mid with the slider. I also like to add gain with the treble and presence knobs, and then use the sliders to finish that where I want them. I've found it to be cleanest and most dynamic that way.
I have a MKIII and MKV, and I have been pleased with the AXEFXIII getting me where I want to be. It may not be exactly number for number, especially with updates continuing on, but use your ears like everyone says and you can replicate what the amps can give you. The MKIII is notoriously known for having a big learning curve, it just takes time and experimentation to find your soul in it.

I couldn't find the relevant quote, but I think Cliff has said that the real graphic EQ on the Mark series has a narrower range where it actually does something because of the way the slider components work. So instead of replicating that, the EQ on Fractal works more intuitively in a more linear manner with a wider range of effect.

So if anything the Fractal Mark EQ works better so you have more control over your tone.

Rather than obsessing over this, just use the EQ to get it sounding like you prefer.

Good points, but to be fair, is asking a question really “obsessing”?

Here’s a clip A/B’ing between my Mark IVa and the Fractal.

The GEQ sliders weren’t in identical positions, but I’m in the “ears not eyes” camp since the modeling accuracy proof is in the pudding. Start with them in similar spots and just tweak them to get the sound you want.

killer sound! Did you post which is which? My guess is second clip is real amp but its real close

Here’s a clip A/B’ing between my Mark IVa and the Fractal.

The GEQ sliders weren’t in identical positions, but I’m in the “ears not eyes” camp since the modeling accuracy proof is in the pudding. Start with them in similar spots and just tweak them to get the sound you want.

Very nice. I guess the real amp is the one with the pronounced low end as its similar to my Mark III low end with the first slider up high.

Back
Top Bottom