Mark IV Tone Match

Axe-Master
I'm borrowing a Mark IV head at the moment and I've really been enjoying it. It sounds exactly the way I expected it to sound based on the Axe-Fx models, and it has been super fun flicking switches and twisting knobs in order to dial in tones. The tapers on the GEQ sliders are pretty funky (the Axe-Fx tapers are way smoother and more usable IMO) so comparing it side by side with the Axe and setting everything the same, while close, isn't identical. Nothing a little tone match can't fix though!

Here's the amp match preset, created with the Axe-Fx and the X-Load. I usually dial in the Mark models for a different tone but in this case I wanted to replicate the dry, raw and aggressive "thrak" the head does so well. I've also exported the tone match IR if you want to load it into an IR player block instead. Feel free to load up a cab of your choice in the cab block and go!

Attachments

• LT MK IV Match.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 177
  • U1.0069_MK IV Amp Match.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 160
Thanks for your OCD Leon! Ive never been real clear nor have I really read up on amp tone match. Do you use the appropriate amp block model then the tone match then IR. And do you leave the amp block model at stock settings or try and dial it in to the amp you're trying to match.

Holy Cannoli !
every day a new discovery....I think I have somehow avoided the USA Lead Mid Gain Bright model
until today...first reading about it in @yek 's Guide and his recommendations about this one as good for playing at lower volumes...and now included on this preset, as well as the one I made using Leon's new cab shots of the MESA OS ...heavenly.

Holy Cannoli !
every day a new discovery....I think I have somehow avoided the USA Lead Mid Gain Bright model
until today...first reading about it in @yek 's Guide and his recommendations about this one as good for playing at lower volumes...and now included on this preset, as well as the one I made using Leon's new cab shots of the MESA OS ...heavenly.

This sings with those OS IR's. I can't get over how well the Axe-Fx III USA Lead Models cop the real amp. It's like there's some extra fairy dust sprinkled on them.

Back
Top Bottom