Mark IIC+ Tips

Maybe important:
The model of the IIC+ is based on a IIC+ "Simul-Class" amp, without GEQ.
What power amp is paired with the triaxis model? Would that be considered simul class? I wonder if that contributing to the differences much.

What power amp is paired with the triaxis model? Would that be considered simul class? I wonder if that contributing to the differences much.

Cliff:

"I did NOT use a Boogie power amp model with these as I always preferred using my Triaxis (I have two of them) with a more typical tube power amp. My favorite power amp with the Triaxis was a VHT 2502 so the power amp model is very similar to that."

I was playing around with the traxis ld2 yellow yesterday and it has the same character of the IIC+ but has much more low end and gain. Sounds beefier. I wonder if that is a trait of the traxis or if it is because it is running through the VHT poweramp. Almost like running the pre amp section of the C+ into a non simul power amp. Similar to what Metallica did on Master of puppets. Also spent some time with the IIC+. It sounds absolutely killer and will probably be my new goto.

I was playing around with the traxis ld2 yellow yesterday and it has the same character of the IIC+ but has much more low end and gain. Sounds beefier. I wonder if that is a trait of the traxis or if it is because it is running through the VHT poweramp. Almost like running the pre amp section of the C+ into a non simul power amp. Similar to what Metallica did on Master of puppets. Also spent some time with the IIC+. It sounds absolutely killer and will probably be my new goto.
I paired the green with the IIc+ and it sounds awesome. The green adds this really tight low end.

I paired the green with the IIc+ and it sounds awesome. The green adds this really tight low end.
what does this mean, paired? You mean 2 amp blocks? Yes preset or snap views to see what u have going on.

Just been having a play with the IIC+ model and was interested in replicating the JP2C's configuration. Having done a bit of research the JP2C is based on a non Simul-Class IIC+, a couple of years ago Cliff mentioned to replicate this you need to turn down Triode 1 Plate Freq to 1350hz. Is this still correct? It seems quite a drastic change from the 19999hz default.

For the record, the JP2C is hardwired with Volume 1 Pull Bright, Treble Shift, Pull Deep and Lead Master Pull Bright on. So to do it in the Axe you need IIC+ Brt/Deep model with the Fat and Bright switches on.

I think to use the JP2C's new Pull Gain feature you need to change the Input Drive from 7.75 to about 9. I assume the new Pull Presence would be similar to the Presence Shift found in the Mark IV models, but it's inaccessible with the IIC+ model, however you could turn up the Presence Freq. I'm not sure to what value just yet though.

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm not sure where to find out specifically what frequencies the Presence control affects?

Just been having a play with the IIC+ model and was interested in replicating the JP2C's configuration. Having done a bit of research the JP2C is based on a non Simul-Class IIC+, a couple of years ago Cliff mentioned to replicate this you need to turn down Triode 1 Plate Freq to 1350hz. Is this still correct? It seems quite a drastic change from the 19999hz default.

For the record, the JP2C is hardwired with Volume 1 Pull Bright, Treble Shift, Pull Deep and Lead Master Pull Bright on. So to do it in the Axe you need IIC+ Brt/Deep model with the Fat and Bright switches on.

I think to use the JP2C's new Pull Gain feature you need to change the Input Drive from 7.75 to about 9. I assume the new Pull Presence would be similar to the Presence Shift found in the Mark IV models, but it's inaccessible with the IIC+ model, however you could turn up the Presence Freq. I'm not sure to what value just yet though.

What I have done to get this... specifically I'm talking about the presence shift is use pre ld yellow. I don't remember where I read it but the bright knob is what you're suppose to use on this model as that is how the presence works on the triaxis...so anyways Cliff said he modeled it at 10 and the bright knob at noon is then 10 on the triad is. So what I do is I put bright knob at -6db so theoretically it should be 5 on the triaxis and then I turn the coressponding switches on the bright and presence shift which is under the presence knob. We don't have to worry about the fat (treble shift) and pull bright on the lead because it's already on by default in this model. Then after all that I use the actual presence knob as normal. That's what I do and it sounds amazing IMO. Other than the deep parameter (which you don't need with triaxis) you basically have all the controls the JP 2C has.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe cliff can comment on this and see if I'm accurate in this?

Last edited:
I think it would just be easier if Cliff modeled the JP-2C, all 3 channels....................................ok, forget the clean. :p

I think it would just be easier if Cliff modeled the JP-2C, all 3 channels....................................ok, forget the clean. :p
I'll take the cleans haha :p

Seriously though IIC+ model is already good in the AXE. I just want that presence shift under the presence knob. Thats it.

Yeah with the Presence Shift feature added you wouldn't need a JP2C model, as you have all the features necessary to dial it in.

Yeah with the Presence Shift feature added you wouldn't need a JP2C model, as you have all the features necessary to dial it in.

Or maybe a FAS amp hybrid model that incluses the Presence shift in order to not mess with the original amp model?

Thanks man! great advice..

Let me say this:

I am 43, I've been playing for more than 30 years now and I thought I knew a few things...
Well I knew NOTHING about TONE until I met the Axe-Fx.. thank you.

Back
Top Bottom