Mark Day Volume Maximizer ?

I guess what first attracted me to FRACTAL was after seeing the Mark Day videos a few times....after awhile you realize WOW, that tone is off the charts better than anything else you see or hear on Youtube.
One other thing I have noticed lately is Mark's videos seem to be recorded at a higher volume than other Fractal videos we see/hear. I recall that he was using some sort of volume maximizer or something in his mix, that allows for a higher recording volume....does anyone have any idea what exactly that is and where we get it?
Thanks Rob

I agree with Chris. You can use a hard-brick limiter during the mixing and again during mastering to push the peaks to 0, but that should be used sparingly as it does mess with the overall sound of the recording (dynamics). Marks recordings sound great to my ears so he did not squeeze them to death ending with a wall oft noise.

I agree with Chris. You can use a hard-brick limiter during the mixing and again during mastering to push the peaks to 0, but that should be used sparingly as it does mess with the overall sound of the recording (dynamics). Marks recordings sound great to my ears so he did not squeeze them to death ending with a wall oft noise.

I had heard that Mark doesn't record at -18db that he gets it louder, without distortion using something in his mix...Id ask him but I know he has been dealing with some health stuff

What is a higher recording volume? 0dB is the limit.

Thanks for the reply ...I had heard that Mark doesn't record at -18db that he gets it louder, without distortion using something in his mix...Id ask him but I know he has been dealing with some health stuff

its an audio engineering thing. its meant to have proper headroom for your overall mix.

also keep in mind youtube has a volume algorithm that applies it to all uploaded videos. if its too loud youtube will reduce it. so those quiet fractal videos were too loud before uploading and youtube made them quiet

ANG , that nailed it ...wow over the top informative, now I'm a PRO !! haha THANK YOU

Back
Top Bottom