Mark Day Presets

we nnnnnnnnnnnnneed mark day updates, agreed, plus 1 trillion, they have been my go to presets, but they have been largely destroyed by updates; I would love to hear your interpretation of YOUR presets with the newest software.!

For some reason the only one that ill load up for me is HBE1 and Hurricane Solo. The rest of the files in the zip on page 1 - don't seem to work for me.

Last edited:
Make sure you set the volume block's bypass mode to thru, it's set to mute by default and the entire signal chain will get muted when it's bypassed unless you change it to thru.

So presets totally change with firmware updates?

drastically rendering most imho unuseable, each update scares the sh.. out of me because esp. high gains are destroyed eg. mark day presets, im very worried about 5.01 arrrrrrrrg so far.

Make sure you set the volume block's bypass mode to thru, it's set to mute by default and the entire signal chain will get muted when it's bypassed unless you change it to thru.

Ahh - ok. Thank you. I will get around to learning how to use this thing - I promise. I've been just winging it and while I had clicked on the volume block and noticed that it was set at 0 - I thought by clicking bypass - I was defeating that block. Thanks for the help.

Mark has gone all Hollywood on us!!

He's an L.A. dude now.

Already badmouthing Canada.

Sad really....... lol

Mark has been flying below the radar for over a month, eagerly awaiting his latest creations....... where you at bro?

Mark,

Glad to hear you finally ran the gauntlet called immigrations. Hope all is well in LA.

Best,

Lee

Just discovered these... they are great thanks mate!! love you playing and vids on Youtube, keep up the good work!!

Here are some of my typical sounding presets. They are designed for direct recording or jamming through studio monitors and computer speakers using OUT 1 or USB.
Most have a Vol/Pan block. I use EXT 1 (midi CC 11) to control that block. You can fix that to use your controller or replace the block with a shunt, or you will get no sound.
All cabs are factory Axe 2, Global EQ is FLAT. Adjust to taste, gain levels, noise gate levels and FX levels, they are pretty wet for recording solos, mostly.

VH 1 Eruption preset added. CTRL 10 for big delay effect at the end, Ctrl 2 is exp pedal for the pitch block also for the big ending, ctrl 1 is as always the vol pedal.

Mark Day
Hi Mark, which one of these presets would get me the closest to your preset you made for Journey “Anyway You Want It” cover you did on the original AXE FX?
I love that tone, I have the AX8 but I have converted them with Fractool.
Cheers Mark.

Back
Top Bottom