Mark Day!! In Here Now! Please??

CudBucket

Inspired
Hey Mark. I have to start by saying your Axe vids may be the only thing that keeps me from giving up and selling mine. Love the tone through a poweramp and cabs but can't make it happen direct.

Anyway, I believe you once mentioned that you use an external preamp with your axe. If so, do you mind explaining how you route your signal with it? I'm assuming, it would be Axe->preamp->interface?

Just curious. I just can't easily create a high-gain patch that doesn't sound fizzy. Even when I load your patches on to my rig and go direct, it sounds nothing like your vids.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

PS, currently my signal chain is Axe SPDIF out->Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro SPDF In->Firewire out to PC. I run Sonar X1 Studio. I've tried XLR and 1/4". All sounds the same to me.

Yeah,

But an indepth explanation from Mark (and some funny faces) would be welcomed by more guys them you and me. Mark was the man who got me in to this religious extremist Axie world the first place. Mark is THE inspirator of many of us!

So please publish your findings!

Yeah,

But an indepth explanation from Mark (and some funny faces) would be welcomed by more guys them you and me. Mark was the man who got me in to this religious extremist Axie world the first place. Mark is THE inspirator of many of us!

So please publish your findings!

Mark was kind enough to share some info with me this morning. In a nutshell, he doesn't use an external preamp. He does use Waves plugins for low and high pass filtering to address the fizz. He suggested using the Axe's Filter and Parametric EQ blocks to do the same thing. So that's what I plan on doing tonight.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom