Mark Day - A Gentleman and a Scholar

He absolutely is top notch! He was the first person I heard playing through an AxeFX, and both influenced my purchase and was kind enough to chat and provide assistance multiple times back in the days of my Ultra. Glad he could help you get it sorted!
Lee

I met Mark a few years back at the Ottawa guitar show. His enthusiasm for Fractal products was infectious. Super nice guy too. I didn’t buy a unit at the time but it gave me the bug. I ended up with his PRS SE Floyd Rose when he traded it in at a local guitar shop.

That PRS SE is an awesome guitar!!!

Mark

He absolutely is top notch! He was the first person I heard playing through an AxeFX, and both influenced my purchase and was kind enough to chat and provide assistance multiple times back in the days of my Ultra. Glad he could help you get it sorted!
Lee

Yeah, I imagine that Mark Day's videos are the reason that a lot of folks decided to give Fractal a shot back in the old days.

Lee
+1 on this! He’s one of the true genuinely nice people in the world. He’s helped me many times over all of these years (Ultra - II - III).

Mark and I go WWAAAYYYY back …, pre-Fractal Audio in fact …. Back in the mid-2000’s I built a rig similar to his w/a Suhr OD-100 SE+ ( my GAWD was it really that long ago ? ) ….

Anyway …, he’d answer my questions and give pointers, etc; Always very patient and helpful !

IIRC sometime around August of 2008 ( or so ) I sold everything and ordered an Axe-Fx Ultra …. About the same time I found out that Mark was investigating one as well. In order to repay the advice he’d been giving me …, I offered to send him mine for a trial because getting one across the border was evidently time consuming and it added a layer of x-tra cost ! He politely declined because he'd already made the decision to jump on the Fractal Audio train ….

The rest as they say is history !

I think everyone secretly wants to meet their heroes someday …, and Mark is certainly one of mine ! I’ll probably never have the chance to drink a beer, or have good conversation over a plate of Poutine …, but if I ever get north of the border again I’m absolutely going to look him up !

Last edited:
Not sure how I even stumbled onto Mark's youtube vids way back in the Ultra days. No one heard of Fractal , in Canada ,especially back in those days. There was no way to audition a unit but went on pure faith based on that guy's high gain grin and wicked chops. I was sold on to Fractal based on this guy alone. Tips hat* It was the Ultra the II and now the III.

Mark was the beacon for me as well.

My Fractal Mt Rushmore has always had Mark in the "Washington" spot as he set the tone for all that followed.

Back
Top Bottom