Mark 2 fan noise

My Axe FX III was really quiet. I just unpacked
my Axe FX Mark II and it’s just as quiet. I had to actually turn off the TV to see if I could hear it.23A7A3CD-057F-4A0F-9DBB-6FCD292BEAAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Was it Frank Zappa who said "Shut up n play yer guitar." Not meant as a snarky comment as I can hear the fan if I'm not playing. I sleep with a fan so I keep playing so I won't fall asleep. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Was it Frank Zappa who said "Shut up n play yer guitar." Not meant as a snarky comment as I can hear the fan if I'm not playing. I sleep with a fan so I keep playing so I won't fall asleep. :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Just saying not snarky doesn't mean it isn't. It would be like me calling you a dick and saying "no offence meant.."

I didn't think my III made any noise until I had a silent computer built. The fan in the III is very quiet, but not silent.

My Axe-Fx II MK1 and XL+ were always quite. I even opened them up to make sure the fans were actually working because of all the complaints on here. My Axe-Fx III MK1 fan was loud when I got it but it was a vibrating rumble noise. I had to loosen the screws as suggested.

Just saying not snarky doesn't mean it isn't. It would be like me calling you a dick and saying "no offence meant.."

That's the difference between you and I, you can call me every name in the book and I won't be offended. I have thicker skin than you, it seems...

I just received my AXE FXIII MKII today and it has no fan. Or at least it sounds that way. :rolleyes: ;)
Maybe some resonance is happening if installed in a wooden case, under a desk or a boxy cab.
Mine is mounted in an SKB case in between a Matrix 2U amp and a Furman strip. It is dead silent.

I just received my AXE FXIII MKII today and it has no fan. Or at least it sounds that way. :rolleyes: ;)
Maybe some resonance is happening if installed in a wooden case, under a desk or a boxy cab.
Mine is mounted in an SKB case in between a Matrix 2U amp and a Furman strip. It is dead silent.

Are you aware that the fan only runs when the unit gets hot? Hence when the fan is not running it is silent. When it is running it’s clearly audible, unless you have a noisy environment around you or have tinnitus.

Are you aware that the fan only runs when the unit gets hot? Hence when the fan is not running it is silent. When it is running it’s clearly audible, unless you have a noisy environment around you or have tinnitus.
This is only true of units made after a minor revision of the Mk1. My Mk1 had always-on fans.

Grab your phone and post a clip to YouTube or SoundCloud and share it. Its the only way we can actually tell what everyone hears.

Yes I know that, but this is a thread about the mk2 unit...... my Mk1 unit has the always on fan and I’ve changed that to a much quieter one.
My mind was on the response prior to yours that mentioned the Mk1 and Axe Fx II units. My apologies, I just wanted to make sure the differentiation was obvious to anyone reading along.

I'm in Florida, it's always hot enough for the fan to run in the first few minutes. And for the record, when it is running, it is silent.
If yours is clearly audible, you may have one of the noisy ones. I remember the same complaint about the original FXIII. Some were noisy, others weren't. I've had 5 AXE FX units and never had a noisy fan yet. Just luck I guess.

Back
Top Bottom