Marillion - Kayleigh Needed

rupe

I saw another thread on a Rothery patch but the link is dead. My new band is adding this tune so if anybody has patches for both the clean and lead, I would appreciate it greatly...thanks!

Back then (1984), I believe Rothery used a Jazz Chorus for his clean / arpeggios, a Marshall for crunch sounds and then a DS-1 through the JC-120 for leads. Just add digital delay and you're set.

Adinfinitum said:
Back then (1984), I believe Rothery used a Jazz Chorus for his clean / arpeggios, a Marshall for crunch sounds and then a DS-1 through the JC-120 for leads. Just add digital delay and you're set.

Dead on, he did. :D

I included the presets for you ... hope you like them. Cheers

It is based on my set (JC 120 - Analogman Ds-1 and Rothery,s Boss Ce-300 chorus)

Attachments

• Marillion Clean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 233
  • Marillion Lead.syx
    2 KB · Views: 238
I don't have anything constructive to add as far as the patches go, but I really want to say I think your band has AWESOME taste in cover material! :cool:

Adinfinitum said:
Crap - those are for the Ultra. To convert to Standard, what effects should I convert to shunts?

Chorus 2
delay2
flanger
pantrem
fxloop
enhance .

jleader said:
I don't have anything constructive to add as far as the patches go, but I really want to say I think your band has AWESOME taste in cover material! :cool:
+1 I would love to see a band playing that.

one of my covers bands does it. lovely tune and sweet solo. i just use my standard clean patch with chorus and a stereo delay set at 426ms for the rhythm part.

sim

There was a good thread a while back regarding someone that got pretty close to a Rothery-style rotary sounds, too, if you are interested. I don't recall Kayleigh having any rotary in it, but I know other stuff is chalk full of rotary.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11487

I got the new Marillion DVD recently (Out of Season), and it's really good, BTW.

Wow, great song. Your lucky my cover band would rather play Jessie's girl and you get to play Marillion......

Man, you just brought so many memories.
I used to play this song and Lavender with my old band in the '80s.
Misplaced childhood was such a great album!!!

Back
Top Bottom