AFIII Marillion - "Kayleigh" Guitar Solo w/ TABS - FW15.01 Goodness :)

It's how a 'make-before-break' switch works. It's meant to reduce switching noise, but people noticed the sound change in between and started trying to balance the switch there. Eventually, some modified the detents on the switch to help it stay in the 'notch' positions, and the 5-way switch we take for granted was born....

Not so much a 'bug' as an 'unintended feature'....
Thank you very much for the useful info Joe. This is actually very enlightening!

The switch was in the 4th position (mid+neck PU) during whole video, including cleans.

The guitar being a vintage strat, it only has a 3-way (bridge, mid, neck) selector. The funny thing is, as you gently make the switch from mid to neck pickup, there is a sweet spot that you can indeed select the 4th position. Same rule applies for bridge+mid PU selection 😁

I guess this is kind of a bug for vintage 3 way selectors...
Real nice sounds and playing.............I remember using matchstix to keep my strat in the in between positions----way back when.

Real nice sounds and playing.............I remember using matchstix to keep my strat in the in between positions----way back when.
I guess I missed that “vintage” era by a few decades. My axe is merely a reissue one... But it is always a great pleasure to hear such memories to learn something from.

Back
Top Bottom