AFIII Marillion - "Kayleigh" Guitar Solo w/ TABS - FW15.01 Goodness :)

basarozmen

Inspired
Long time AFX2 XL user here :) This is my first post with the mighty Axe Fx 3 (Man, this is a different beast!)

This time I added the tabs for those who would like to play along :) I hope you will like it.

You are always welcome to subscribe to my channel. Happy new year to all!

<3

Attachments

• Kayleigh Clean & Lead.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Sounds really good. Is the preset available anywhere? I’d like to try it!
Hey there mate! I added the preset in the main post. There are some commercial IR's in the cab block (ML Soundlab Marshall and Friedman cabs). However, you can always throw in some 4x12 Marshall cabs and adjust to taste.

Have a great day!

Great playing and tone, Rothery is far too overlooked.

I’m still on an XL, have you got any of your old XL presets laying around similar to this?

Hope you haven’t “thrown them out”. 😀

Thank you very much, friends!

Never heard of Marillion before. Early to mid 80's?? Solo was pretty tasty! liked the tones and the phrasing. Great job!

@bilbo71070, considering your user name, it is really ironic that you being never heard of the band (Sil)Marillion :) They are a great band, I strongly recommend the album Misplaced Childhood.

Great playing and tone, Rothery is far too overlooked.

I’m still on an XL, have you got any of your old XL presets laying around similar to this?

Hope you haven’t “thrown them out”. 😀

@Whistler, my preset was partially based on Milo's (@camilovelandiamusic) publicly available presets. They are also in AFX2 format, so I suggest that you give them a try!

awesome job dude, full time Fish era fanatic here seen Marillion and Fish several times,
very difficult to get the backing tracks, did you make it yourself ?
I have a Kayleigh backing track but its only instrumental, don't really have the software or know how to make them.
any tips ?

cheers
G \../

Just found this... I love Fish-era Marillion and enjoyed your clip. The tab is an extra bonus. Thanks!
The pleasure is mine, thank you!

Great job! Such a cool tune and solo, always loved those early Marillion albums.
Yes, I am still a frequent Marillion listener after all these years. Really great band.

awesome job dude, full time Fish era fanatic here seen Marillion and Fish several times,
very difficult to get the backing tracks, did you make it yourself ?
I have a Kayleigh backing track but its only instrumental, don't really have the software or know how to make them.
any tips ?

cheers
G \../
Thank you very much, my friend. Actually the backing track was taken straight from a public YT video. You can find the link down below:

I hope this one will do the trick!

Cheers.

Long time AFX2 XL user here :) This is my first post with the mighty Axe Fx 3 (Man, this is a different beast!)

This time I added the tabs for those who would like to play along :) I hope you will like it.

You are always welcome to subscribe to my channel. Happy new year to all!

<3

I am assuming your using only the neck pickup the whole time?

I am assuming your using only the neck pickup the whole time?
The switch was in the 4th position (mid+neck PU) during whole video, including cleans.

The guitar being a vintage strat, it only has a 3-way (bridge, mid, neck) selector. The funny thing is, as you gently make the switch from mid to neck pickup, there is a sweet spot that you can indeed select the 4th position. Same rule applies for bridge+mid PU selection 😁

I guess this is kind of a bug for vintage 3 way selectors...

The switch was in the 4th position (mid+neck PU) during whole video, including cleans.

The guitar being a vintage strat, it only has a 3-way (bridge, mid, neck) selector. The funny thing is, as you gently make the switch from mid to neck pickup, there is a sweet spot that you can indeed select the 4th position. Same rule applies for bridge+mid PU selection 😁

I guess this is kind of a bug for vintage 3 way selectors...
It's how a 'make-before-break' switch works. It's meant to reduce switching noise, but people noticed the sound change in between and started trying to balance the switch there. Eventually, some modified the detents on the switch to help it stay in the 'notch' positions, and the 5-way switch we take for granted was born....

Not so much a 'bug' as an 'unintended feature'....

Back
Top Bottom