Marillion/Kayleigh clean and lead needed

Whistler

Inspired
Has anyone or can anyone get close to this clean and lead tone. I've looked in the history but can only come up with old threads using the Ultra, I have an XL.

I realise it "should" be simple but I'm only just starting to create presets and haven't a clue as to what all the parameters are.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Has anyone or can anyone get close to this clean and lead tone. I've looked in the history but can only come up with old threads using the Ultra, I have an XL.

I realise it "should" be simple but I'm only just starting to create presets and haven't a clue as to what all the parameters are.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Search the forum for "Marillion". There are some threads.

we used to do this tune

i used a double verb for the clean. just run it into one of the fender cabs

for the lead, i used the 50w plexi into a 4x12 with greenbacks (lots to choose from)

i ran both into the 80's style chorus and the 2290 delay set to 430ms

i had a two amp/cab preset and used an expression pedal to crossfade between the two amps, but you can do it with scenes now

here you go, i knocked this up quickly for you (my original patch was no good any more)

scene 1 clean rhythm, scene 2 lead. you may have to tweak the amp levels to get the balance right

Axe FX II, Q2.04

Attachments

• Kayleigh (2 scenes).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 119
here you go, i knocked this up quickly for you (my original patch was no good any more)

scene 1 clean rhythm, scene 2 lead. you may have to tweak the amp levels to get the balance right

Axe FX II, Q2.04

Thanks for taking the time to help. I did try searching before asking but could only find ultra settings. Hopefully I'll get better on making presets but I'm only just starting out on the axe. All a bit overwhelming once you get into the parameters etc
Thanks again.

Axe FX II, Q2.04

Thanks for posting this - tried it last night and it only needed a few tweaks for levels (and a touch more brightness) and it was awesome!

cool. glad it worked. i actually forgot to add any modulation to the 2290 delay repeats. if you like, you can set the mod rate to about 3hz and the depth to about 25% for the first lfo (both in the mod page of the delay)

Back
Top Bottom