Marco Sfogli - REMARCOBLE

Thanks for that.
I am a regular Jamtrack customer so I got their email about Remarcoble just as I read your post .
I'm off to download the deluxe edition with the backing tracks now.
Should be fun.

I'm off to download the deluxe edition with the backing tracks now.
Should be fun.

Yeah, I got the delux version as well. I also just dropped a request over at Marco's forum asking for samples of his tones for tone matching. Maybe if we pressure him together, we'll get somewhere? ;)

Yeah, I got the delux version as well. I also just dropped a request over at Marco's forum asking for samples of his tones for tone matching. Maybe if we pressure him together, we'll get somewhere? ;)

Cool, good idea.
I'll do the same.
Do you have a link to his forum?

Cool, good idea.
I'll do the same.
Do you have a link to his forum?

Here's a link direct to the thread...

New album praise and a request... - Marco Sfogli Forum

EDIT... It appears he in fact did use the Axe FX on the album for a few songs. This is the kind of guy I'd love to see Fractal pick his brain and get his patches made available to the public.

Here's Marco's reply...

Hi Matt, thanks for your kind words.
The rhythm tones are quite easily replicable, for 90% of the songs I used two presets on the Axe FX II, number 14 Recto Orange with the drive kicked in and no post effects and preset number 29 Energyball with less gain and once again the drive turned on, two takes with a stereo sound panned hardly one on the left and one on the right. For The Forest I used the preset number 74 Djentlemanly, two passes hardly panned. Far From Me features the Royal Atlantic on rhythms using an SM57 slightly off the cone. As long as leads goes I pretty much used my Mark V Lead preset which is based on the USA Lead 2+ model with the input trim set at 3.308 and some PEQ between the amp and the cab (cabs are 4x12 30W (Ultra) and 4x12 Recto (OH) both center panned. Studio Preamp was used on the main lead from the title track reMarcoble using some old Recabinet impulse responses that I had. Hope this helps

Last edited:
I thought I would just give a shout out to everyone here that Marco Sfogli's latest album just dropped. If you consider yourself a fan of guitar, you owe it to yourself to pick this up.

Check it out...

reMarcoble Album | Jamtrackcentral

EDIT: OOPS... meant to post this in the lounge, and there's already a thread about this. Sorry, DELETE.
Really wished I could purchase this album! Was so looking forward to it. But the digital download is not available on Amazon and paypal doesn't work with my card,and my Itunes account for buying doesn't work in the region I am in currently.

EDIT... It appears he in fact did use the Axe FX on the album for a few songs. This is the kind of guy I'd love to see Fractal pick his brain and get his patches made available to the public.

Here's Marco's reply...

The rhythm tones are quite easily replicable, for 90% of the songs I used two presets on the Axe FX II, number 14 Recto Orange with the drive kicked in and no post effects and preset number 29 Energyball with less gain and once again the drive turned on, two takes with a stereo sound panned hardly one on the left and one on the right. For The Forest I used the preset number 74 Djentlemanly, two passes hardly panned. Far From Me features the Royal Atlantic on rhythms using an SM57 slightly off the cone. As long as leads goes I pretty much used my Mark V Lead preset which is based on the USA Lead 2+ model with the input trim set at 3.308 and some PEQ between the amp and the cab (cabs are 4x12 30W (Ultra) and 4x12 Recto (OH) both center panned. Studio Preamp was used on the main lead from the title track reMarcoble using some old Recabinet impulse responses that I had. Hope this helps
Hey Matt,
Thanks so much for that !
He is a nice guy to boot.
I just had a look at the tabs and found out they include Guitar Pro files as well as Pdf !!
Awesome.

Here's Marco's reply...

That is cool!

Thanks for the info Matt. I have been wondering what he had used for the new CD (I don't have it yet, but the tone on the samples I have heard sounds really good).

....As long as leads goes I pretty much used my Mark V Lead preset which is based on the USA Lead 2+ model with the input trim set at 3.308 and some PEQ between the amp and the cab (cabs are 4x12 30W (Ultra) and 4x12 Recto (OH) both center panned. Studio Preamp was used on the main lead from the title track reMarcoble ....

I hope for me this doesn't turn out like on his last album ("There's Hope"), where he used the Mesa Studio Preamp for the lead playing on only one song ("Andromeda") and that one song had (IMHO of course) not only the best lead tone on the album, but my favorite lead tone of all time. The rest of the leads were done with various computer modeling software, and while they were all good, Andromeda's to me was just so much better sounding. Of course, we're talking about the Axe-Fx II here, so it will be interesting to hear how it compares with the Studio Pre. The lead tone on the samples I've heard, which according to Marco's post are Axe-Fx II, did sound really good.

Anyway, that was my only real complaint about There's Hope. I wished he had used the Studio Pre for more (or all) of the lead playing because the tone on Andromeda is just orgasmic and I wanted to hear more of it. :)

Back
Top Bottom