Marco Sfogli - Pretender

Azael

Power User
Anyone has an idea for this amazing lead tone in Axe? The most ironic is that this lead is from a zoom 9002 pro, thanks in advance.

I don't ear nothing really special but the amazing skills and feelings Marco have .
Is certain that this gifted musicians ( Marco is one of them ) transcend the gear they use.

Talking about the sound IMO a subtle delay , a V30 style cab , an amp like 5153 or Fas Mod with VERY little gain ... Drive maybe ... It depends by so many factors but in case ... Drive from 0 to 1.0 level 8 to 10 maybe a little db on the mids between 1000 / 2000 hz depending on the flavour you search .

Last edited:
Marco would sound great through a tin can. Given that, any recommendations for the tone other than grow a new set of fingers?

Wow is he great - can't stop watching this guy, very inspiring. A lot of what he was doing here was on the neck pickup as far as I can tell. I actually think that he has a fair amount of gain but not overly saturated. I was trying to dial up a Lukather tone lately and went with Bogner ecstasy sim - it is somewhat similar in that it is a kind of darker tone.

There's a caracteristic sound of Zoom 9002 pro, I've put a Enhancer in parallel to recreate it but is not perfect, if you remember songs like cry for you (studio version) of Andy Timmons and the intro song of Beverly hills 90210 tv show, is that caracteristic sound that I talking obout.
Sorry English is not my main language.

Back
Top Bottom