Maple Syrup. Super-clean cabless patch with plenty of extras

BK, once again, I'm in awe of your creativity. On the right pickup, it sounds similar to my Schecter C1 EA with the mag pickups and the piezo blended.(but with any single coil(HB's maybe) based guitar)

This one started life back in FW.16 as 'Clean Strats..' something or other. @Doc Rock likes it so much he asked me to revise it to suit FW.22 as it's suffered some volume fluctuations and other anomalies during the ride through six major updates, which is understandable. So I have revised it and added bits and pieces here and there that you may find fun.

Download link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10306

Video demo:

Wow that is just awesome and beautiful! Thank You so much you are so generous for sharing love it.

This preset is so much fun and so useable. It's doing the trick for the clean guitar parts on some Bowie covers we're doing. I'm using it for "China Girl" and "Let's Dance". Running great on the FM9 but I also wanted it on the FM3. I hacked out a sorta working set of presets. Obviously the core clean amps load up no problem but each scene is really fun and the layering of the additional effects is inspiring. I did a quick analysis of the block cpu use on my FM3 and Calculated it at about 108%. Removing the cab block dropped it down to about 104%. I found that by removing the bypassed blocks I could save each scene as a preset and sometimes include one or two other effects. I created this set of presets.

• Maple Syrup FM3 - All Blocks : This one is the imported preset cleaned up includes the cab block. It overloads the cpu but its a good starting point if you want to mess around with removing or replacing blocks.
  • Maple Syrup FM3 - S01 to S04 : Scenes one through four removed the Multi Tap Delay and Rotary blocks. This preset hovers close to 85% and flashes warnings but doesn't ever seem to cut out on my FM3 while playing.
  • Maple Syrup FM3 - S05 Soar
  • Maple Syrup FM3 - S06 Swirl
  • Maple Syrup FM3 - S07 Chorus
  • Maple Syrup FM3 - S08 Flyn Drm
Originally I had the Soar scene in the preset that includes the first 4 scenes but I discovered when switching to that scene it would overload. The difference in cpu needed for the different reverb type on that scene seemed to kick it over the edge. For anyone that is curious these are the approximate cpu use per block:

BlockPercentrunning Total
Blank Preset
14​
14​
Input
5​
19​
output
1​
20​
Amp
2​
22​
Comp
2​
24​
Phaser
4​
28​
Cab
4​
32​
Chorus
6​
38​
Flanger
5​
43​
Delay
2​
45​
Rotary
7​
52​
Multi Tap Delay
12​
64​
Multi Band Comp
12​
76​
Plex Delay
16​
92​
Reverb
16​
108​

Thanks again Brett for all that you share with the community! These gifts of tone are priceless and so appreciated!

Attachments

• Maple Syrup FM3.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 14
@ectoplasm88, I am so glad you've been able to employ this one and have some fun with it. I'm also very flattered that you would take so much time to mod it and share it again with everyone. Really cool. Thank you.

There's more to come. At the moment I'm packing up our home of the last 25 years to move to a new one, with a new space for me to work. So I probably won't be upping too much until August. But there will be more!

Cheers,

B

Back
Top Bottom